Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointment In Warframe And Thoughts On Improving (Long Wall Of Text With Paragraphing)

hydrater

DE only has around two more months to get this game in shape for the PS4.

Which is sadly not going to happen. Even if they were to listen to all of the feedback about the current state of the game, at the moment it's just too late for them to be ready by the ps4 launch. It's nothing more than an empty shell of a game now, and that's how it's going to most likely be at the launch too. They have to start thinking long term now.

Well this is more than weapon or gamplay feedback if you would care to read it. Rebecca checks this forum frequently and can easily forward this post to other DE staff.

Anyway, I agree with everything in your post Hydrater, ive been playing this game for a long time and it seems like it isnt getting better. DE only has around two more months to get this game in shape for the PS4.

I doubt she will, many of the hard-hitting threads are passed over completely. She also has a history of getting defensive about how people deliver feedback and critique. It's likely that just the use of sarcasm when referring to the Aura mods revealed in the Ash profile would be enough to make the DE staff ignore the valid points the post brings up.

They listen, but only when you make them feel like everything they do are rainbows and magic.

Edited by iamLoveless

A lot of valid points indeed but only a couple caught my eye. +1 tho :D it was worth reading everything.

First - I don't really understand how nightmare is hard... It's not really punishing either that's what kind of lets me down though. I expected NM to be super challenging and instead it was kind of boring, well insanely boring its just they added an extra skill/aura to the mobs nothing really hard or punishing, and the death thing well if you die and use up all your revives you can still play that frame just if you die you start over like most games.

Second - The bosses they really need to be reworked because maybe to the average gamer(newbie) they might seem hard but to anyone who spent at least 4-5 hours on this game and knows how to use their hands + common sense they are all quite easy. I would like to see harder bosses and if not then at least harder difficulties but that's just me (honestly tho I prefer games that are SUPER HARD and maybe a little punishing not to where its like your done for 24 hours but restarting somthing that takes me 30mins to a hour isn't to bad imo).

Third - The rng factor well that's currently bugged and I do agree with the you on the boss farming how you should get like planet tokens/points than redeem them for something. It's a cool idea and it does tend to ppl who have bad rng, but I would assume it would have to be somthing massive like 30+ runs. No 5-10 runs than you can redeem what you want that would be absurd :P lol, you gotta have so repetitive factor in the game :D.

[* From my honest opinion though I can't really say anything cause I'm that MMORPG player than can farm for weeks and have no rage or hate to the game :3 but that's just me. It's probably cause I'm korean woot woot stereotypes :D asian farmers xD but besides from my stupid jokes :O I do agree with mostly everything you said about the guns being imbalanced due to the newer prime versions or just newer guns in general messed up the whole balance of things. And that most mods are unused which is quite sad but they just serve no purpose since mobs don't really do elemental damage. *]

Seriously that event was ****, DE doesn't like rushers and what they did ?

They made an event where basically you must rush, killing only the scout with a volt in your squad and then run to the exit before the event ends.

Xp gained during that event ? not much because it's all about having points as fast as you can 

mods ? reach reach reach and reach multiple times, bad timing to have problems with the drops

global and recruitment tabs turn to a mass spam CV *** I hope the DE will do something about that 

Only positive thing : playing with volt, let's be honest check the stats I'm sure he's one one the unpopular warframe in the game

I know the DE wanted to link the new environment set with an event to have a bit of story but sometimes instead of doing something that's not good or worst frustrating it's better to release the damn thing without BS event. 

Only positive thing : playing with volt, let's be honest check the stats I'm sure he's one one the unpopular warframe in the game

Careful, they're going to take out Raid because it's not popular, let's not draw any attention to Volt.

Well this is more than weapon or gamplay feedback if you would care to read it. Rebecca checks this forum frequently and can easily forward this post to other DE staff.

Anyway, I agree with everything in your post Hydrater, ive been playing this game for a long time and it seems like it isnt getting better. DE only has around two more months to get this game in shape for the PS4.

Except guess what, they check gameplay feedback more.

I don't want to rain on your parade, I read the thread after posting, and this very well can make a change if posted in the gameplay feedback.

The chance Rebecca comes across this, reads all of it, forwards to others is slim vs the chance of someone else from DE reading this in gameplay feedback.

I like the thread, and although it won't get as many +1's, it'll go where it counts, where DE can read it.

I have a hard time logging in for the same reasons. There is just nothing worth doing. Tier 3 Void Defense is the only place I need to go, to get a weapon Id like the use (braton prime). But it's so boring and annoying to sit through 20 waves of mobs. 

Also the dmg output of our Warframes is rediculous. I hate the fact that with the press of 1 button, you can level a room. It's fun for a bit, but then gets annoying as all hell. 

The fact that to level your weapons fast, you have to grind 1 mission over and over, is dumb. People would move around more if the exp was worth it in other mission types. But when you can go to 1 map (Kappa) and get 30k xp a run... why do anything else where you get 2-3k xp a run?. It's dumb. 

I have a thing called the "WoW Factor" For any game that I play. It does indeed refer to World of Warcraft. Basically my definition of this "WoW Factor" is the realization that I'm doing something that has no meaning or goal. I applied this to Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, and now too Warframe. All 3 games I hate to play because it offers no satisfaction at all, or rewarding experience. It's just a grind fest for "stuff" you don't need. 

I would debate the whole spiel on Prime Weapons, since many of the Prime Weapons require a significant amount of grind compared to their normal versions (Unless you get lucky). Your old Paris would only feel useless when you have the new Paris Prime, and from what I hear, that's not an easy step to go into unless you are willing to spend a lot of time (or again, you get lucky)

They SHOULD be a direct upgrade in terms of raw stats and power, that's how you feel that you have progressed in game, that you have a new tier of weapons and gear that are superior then your old ones. 

That's just proving my point of power creep and what you heard is wrong. It's fairly easy to obtain them, I got the entire bow within 2 days. (Too many kind people are sponsoring void keys, let's not forget that). The only hard part was the assembly blueprints which took half a day. It is understandable that these godly weapons should be better than normal weapons in terms of dps, however a few stats should be nerfed in substitution for other stat buffs.

For example, the prime version of Paris can have significantly lower critc chance but faster charge speed. This would make players CHOOSE instead of slapping them with the direct answer. A direct upgrade slaps players who already forma-ed their normal weapons several times.

It's like selling you a sofa for the price of $299, then in a month time, new sofas with better materials and functions are then sold for the same price and from that day on you will walk pass, the shop, only to be endorsed in envy by the $299 you wasted.

Edited by hydrater

I doubt she will, many of the hard-hitting threads are passed over completely. She also has a history of getting defensive about how people deliver feedback and critique. It's likely that just the use of sarcasm when referring to the Aura mods revealed in the Ash profile would be enough to make the DE staff ignore the valid points the post brings up.

They listen, but only when you make them feel like everything they do are rainbows and magic.

Your absolutely correct, I didnt even think about that when i posted my reply earlier. Oh well hopefully one of them decides to read it, it can only help everyone.

I don't want to rain on your parade, I read the thread after posting, and this very well can make a change if posted in the gameplay feedback.

I have an umbrella im fine.

QFT, +1.

This shouldn't have such a pertinent affect on the game's development, but given the gatekeeper nature of the role in DE's hierarchy, it absolutely does.

While it's not a factor that's commonly mentioned in discussion (for the same reasons that it is a factor at all), I'm glad it has been raised in relation to this thread.

The thing that gets me is that everyone says this game is in beta when it plainly isn't: a cash shop in beta ? Where prices can be changed on a whim and items (in theory) could be removed from the game after people pay real cash for them ?

I's questionable ethics to ask people to pay real money to test a "beta" product. Also, since the game will end up on the next-gen consoles soon, how will they justify the beta claim then ? Yes, before anyone points it out, I'm a GM, I'm rank 11 and I totally agree with the OP on "prime" weapons, just another excuse to have a raid or die MMO mentality.

great thread and valid emotion which many of us who love this game are feeling. I'm happy to see such unanimous response on one topic, so quickly.

If we want the game improved, we need to focus our feedback on one topic at a time and get it changed. There are many potent suggestions in this forum, including some of my own:

Cells - Warframe's Endgame 400+ upvotes

Harmony - A skill based mirror of mastery

I've also seen plenty of great threads on armor, mission types, lore etc.

But if we want to create change we need solidarity. We need to ask questions in livestreams. We need to PM devs. We need to organize and make our opinions heard.

great thread and valid emotion which many of us who love this game are feeling. I'm happy to see such unanimous response on one topic, so quickly.

If we want the game improved, we need to focus our feedback on one topic at a time and get it changed. There are many potent suggestions in this forum, including some of my own:

Cells - Warframe's Endgame 400+ upvotes

Harmony - A skill based mirror of mastery

I've also seen plenty of great threads on armor, mission types, lore etc.

But if we want to create change we need solidarity. We need to ask questions in livestreams. We need to PM devs. We need to organize and make our opinions heard.

Perhaps we should elect the OP as our representative?  Since he collected such a solid argument into one clear concise well written statement.

We can tack on the Cells discussion for sure, because that really is an awesome idea.

Also mention the Escape mission idea, that one is getting a lot of support.

Perhaps we should elect the OP as our representative?  Since he collected such a solid argument into one clear concise well written statement.

We can tack on the Cells discussion for sure, because that really is an awesome idea.

Also mention the Escape mission idea, that one is getting a lot of support.

That is actually a great idea. Not sure if the OP wants to do that or not, but I think we should form our OWN player feedback council.

Rather than just dispurse random threads on the forums and hope the devs read/reply, if we get enough players to support someone, we can actually engange them in discussion with some of our own Hot Topics.

Is there anyone who has ideas for this?

OP definitely hit the right note here. It's not that we're whining. We love this game and we don't want to see it derailed. It has SO much potential. But yet keeps making turns that are a letdown to the players.

This isn't CHOICE anymore. It's giving a man a bar of gold and a cardboard box and making him choose, of course, there will always be that one person somewhere on Earth who will choose the cardboard box for some reasons but let's leave him out of the issue.

BUT WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!?!?!?!

funny-brad-pitt-seven-box-scene.jpg

That is actually a great idea. Not sure if the OP wants to do that or not, but I think we should form our OWN player feedback council.

Rather than just dispurse random threads on the forums and hope the devs read/reply, if we get enough players to support someone, we can actually engange them in discussion with some of our own Hot Topics.

Is there anyone who has ideas for this?

OP definitely hit the right note here. It's not that we're whining. We love this game and we don't want to see it derailed. It has SO much potential. But yet keeps making turns that are a letdown to the players.

Didn't want to throw him into the fire, so I sent hydrater a PM.