Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Mirror Warframe: Right Back At Ya!

Rythiman

Introduction

Growing up, my absolute favorite video game character was Kirby from the Nintendo games. I could play for hours. As I started paying more games I realized it wasn't just Kirby that I liked.

Megaman, Ditto, Rouge, The Spy, are all characters I enjoyed playing or watching on TV. And by far my favorite enemy in the game is Jen Dro, who can disguise herself as your Warframe. That got me to thinking...

Mimicry

Why not create a Mirror Themed Warframe that can steal enemy abilities and throw it right back at them. I know that their are way too many enemies in the game to create a unique ability for each one, but I think it would be easy enough to catergorize enemies into groups and have certain groups bestow certain abilities. After all, that's how it works in Kirby games.

Concept

The concept for my Warframe is that at base it's pretty useless. Mediocre stats and no abilities besides the default parkour ones. Even the artistic design should be bland and boring. But if you are able to scan an enemy which fall into 1 of 4 groups, you gain special powers temporarily which make you very powerful. You also get a cosmetic improvement as well.

Ability Groups

Enemies can be sorted into these main groups for example.

Normal enemies are your unremarkable foot soldiers and won't provide any special abilities.

Summoners let you summon allies to help you. Scan a wild beast or a beast summoner, moa, or osprey to get this power.

Elemental enemies temporarily embue you with high damage elemental power. Scan an enemy that uses elemental weapons or powers, like the napalm or nox, to use this ability.

Support enemies kit you out with supportive abilities. Scan a nullifier crewman, an ancient healer, or whatever the heck that thing that spouts grineer propoganda is called.

Tanks let you use skills to absorb a lot of damage for your team mates. Scan tanky enemies, like grineer with high armor and corpus with high shields.

due to their high adaptability, scanning a sintient will bestow a random copy ability.

Abilities

The number 1 skill could be a special codex scanner that copies abilities from enemies. Enemies with no special ability could be dealt mild damage instead. Warframe appearance could alter depending on the copied ability. Press again to throw away copied ability. Maybe make it duration based or damage has a 2% chance to lose ability. It can kick off a passive as well. Summon kavat, kubrow, osprey, moa, or charger at random every 20 seconds for summoner. Bonus shields as elemental. Higher armor as tank. Bonus Sprint speed as support.

Number 2 could be a utility skill. Increased team speed for support mode, zip line for summoner, rocket jump for tanks, electric dash forward for elemental.

Number 3 could be a defensive move. Shield or armor boost for squad in support mode, transfer damage to pet for summoner, place down shield for tank, ice armor for elemental mode.

Number 4 could be CC. Stasis field in support mode, fire stun in elemental mode, knockdown and stay down for a long time for tank, ethereal animals pin enemies down for support mode. Casting 4 could cause you to lose your copy ability and need to copy again.

Anyway that's my Warframe fantasy. If DE can implement right mechanics and music sequencer mechanics into their Warframes I'm sure they can do this.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Lol I support even if this isnt the final template, I themed all my warframes after kirby once, was fun and odd.

Wanting a Warframe like this means you have to be flexible.

Since it's a mirror theme, maybe it could be named narciss.

Got me thinking of abilities like copying a teammates first ability and then re use it to be that ability. 

But as a mirror, I think there should be a trick to them where you get the reverse of what you copy. If it was fire than you get ice. 

Also made me think of an ability where you create like a mirror wall that reflects all attacks back at the enemies. The wall would be somewhat short even with range, similar to the size of atlas walls. And if you reuse, you would shatter the wall and inflict blind on up close enemies. And only one wall could be thrown up or else it would be too OP. Be very useful in close spaces like hallways or doors. And if enemies attack the wall they would obviously damage the wall(low health) but they would damage themselves and if they survive long enough for the mirror to be shattered they would self inflict blind. 

Thats sort of the mirror ideas that I tend to think of. 

“You’re only a bad reflection of your true self. Allow me to show you”.