Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Crossbow Would Make My Life Complete

ScrubbyDubDub

damage between a charged and uncharged shot, crit rate between a charged and uncharged shot, and a draw speed thats mildly slow and statistically speaking it could be a balanced weapon.

But since it's a crossbow, you wouldn't charge the shots.

Just a base damage/critical chance

Crossbows generally take longer to load than a bow. The mechanical attributes, however, normally give it more power and projectile speed as a result. It also tends to give it less of a projectile arc.

That's assuming you meant a full-size crossbow for a new primary. I would support that as a new weapon. A charge time wouldn't make sense for it though. It would have to be more of an instant shot and a longer reload.

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

I like the bow type, but prefer the feel of guns.

Maybe the crossbow could have a faster reload/draw/projectile speed, but deal a little less damage with a lower crit chance.

What do you guys think?

Lol what?

Crossbow should have A LOT more damage, probably puncture and decent crit at price of reload speed, not reversal, if you are not talking about revolver system or small ones of chinese type, which never used without poison.

That's assuming you meant a full-size crossbow for a new primary. I would support that as a new weapon. A charge time wouldn't make sense for it though. It would have to be more of an instant shot and a longer reload.

historically, crossbows weren't (ever?) full sized bows since it makes it really unweildy. the same would go for Warframe, a full sized bow horizontally on a gun mount, might clip through everything and just end up being a mess.

based on that, i must state once again that Crossbows compromise shot power, range, rate of fire, and arrow after impact lethality (the longer arrow from a bow would often rip out of someone in battle, dealing a lot of nasty carnage) - all for ease of use, being that you don't need to hold the draw string.

i'm still not against a crossbow, it just logically seems useless here. we're augmented humans, we don't have any trouble pulling back a bow powerful enough to pierce heavy armor. i don't see the 'need' for a crossbow.

but if someone really wants it, go ahead. but i see it as a waste of development time and the users will find themselves dissapointed in the results.

Lol what?

Crossbow should have A LOT more damage, probably puncture and decent crit at price of reload speed, not reversal, if you are not talking about revolver system or small ones of chinese type, which never used without poison.

please read above. while poison damage would be a bonus side effect, a bow could just as easily have that on it's arrows, so a moot point.

Edited by taiiat