Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissure Trolling needs to end

Visione

Hi DE and fellow tenno,

The trolling and lack of caring for your fellow tenno within fissures have reach a extremely aggitation level within me. A lot of players don't seem to give a single damn about the other players relics and just rather end the mission then wait 30 seconds or help them out. The problem lays in that there is no actually teamplay required and game mechanics allow trolling, which will happen, and only salten more players over time cause more lack of caring for each other.

Personal examples of only today:
Rescue - We got to the end, for some reason i only had 8/10 reactant, my teammates got 10/10. They started an extraction anyway. I asked them if they could wait a second for me to get reactant, the response i got: "get good, loser". Within the minute i barely made the 2 remaining reactant. But they didn't move an inch and I'm 100% sure they would have just extracted without my realic broken.

Excavation - 1 team mate didn't stay with the team and sticked everytime on the old excavation spawnpoint. Within extraction missions this causes weird spawn issues of fissures. (tho normal units seem to spawn alright) The whole team didn't get a single fissure except for the guy that was alone on the old location. Me and another guy where so smart to run all the way back to pickup the reactant he had farmed. the 4th guy didn't pay attention or thought he would get more along the way. He didn't, on the extracting excavation he was 2/10. Two left which caused a double host migration and eventually led into a disconnect for the entire team. Nobody got anything.

Example I saw straight logging into the forums by another player: 

Solution:
The solution is super easy! Make reactant a team based objective. With each additional teammate (using a relic) adding 10 more to the mission, if you are alone you need to get 10 reactant, if you are with 4 man you need to get 40 reactant. If you don't make the 40 reactant as a team, nobody gets anything. Trolling would be reduced to minimum cause with every troll you also waiste your own time.

I also think you should make reactant a (global) drop for everybody. The way energy drops for extractors work (excavation mission). This way everybody can contribute and its an team-wide objective. (this does mean drop rate needs to be dynamic depending on team-size or high in general.)

regards, Visione

Edited by Visione

I am for your idea... but there is one thing that will prevent such a nice idea: Leechers.
This reactant giveaway would make leechers get their reward entirely for free.
And if they even excluded for beign afk, this would make the reactant amount harder for the teammates since they still need to get 40.

But i agree... something has to be done with the goddamn 200 cryotic/forced opening.
Because it really is counter productive since the excavators activate by accident often.

5 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I am for your idea... but there is one thing that will prevent such a nice idea: Leechers.
This reactant giveaway would make leechers get their reward entirely for free.
And if they even excluded for beign afk, this would make the reactant amount harder for the teammates since they still need to get 40.

But i agree... something has to be done with the goddamn 200 cryotic/forced opening.
Because it really is counter productive since the excavators activate by accident often.

leechers is a problem in every game mode and not just Fissures. Who hasn't seen a leecher in sorties? who hasn't seen a leecher in onslaught? who hasn't seen a leecher in hieracon? who hasn't seen a leecher in hydron (or older xp farm missions)? or invassions? or events?

I get your arguement but its not soly applicable to fissures, so there for kinda irrelevant to this discussion.

Most of the time people even look like leechers even when they try not to because some god-player whipes the map before they can even get close.
I rather carry somebody that is bad or who is afk then let somebody screw somebody over because somebody decided to be a 'not so nice person' today.

Edited by Visione

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Visione:

get your arguement but its not soly applicable to fissures, so its irrelevant.

I somewhat disagree... if DE would immediately work on your concept and do what you want, the very first thing people would write: "Get rid of the leechers!", because this rework is benefitting them by a large margin. I am not saying that your concept is bad but sadly you have to expect the worst of community behaviour when developing those. :(

2 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I somewhat disagree... if DE would immediately work on your concept and do what you want, the very first thing people would write: "Get rid of the leechers!", because this rework is benefitting them by a large margin. I am not saying that your concept is bad but sadly you have to expect the worst of community behaviour when developing those. :(

What about making it a requirement for everyone to contribute X amount the reactant

Yes, people should wait a little for everyone to get enough reactants.  However, there is also the other side of the story where the teammates are speedrunning the relics in like 2 ish minutes while the last guy takes like an additional 5 mins to get enough reactant.  

4 minutes ago, Ziokem said:

Yes, people should wait a little for everyone to get enough reactants.  However, there is also the other side of the story where the teammates are speedrunning the relics in like 2 ish minutes while the last guy takes like an additional 5 mins to get enough reactant.  

Thats why i suggest a global drop instead of individual drops. Much like energy for excavation, everybody can contribute, and its a teamwide objective.

Edited by Visione

I wouldnt call this Trolling but mostly just Selfishness, Trolling would be if someone spent the mission doing something that either prevented it from being completed or that compromised other player`s performance directly. Still not the kinda player i like having around.

I always make sure my whole team has collected their reactants before extracting or trying to pull additional excavators as i know the frustration of being left behind.

53 minutes ago, Visione said:

Personal examples of only today:
Rescue - We got to the end, for some reason i only had 8/10 reactant, my teammates got 10/10. They started an extraction anyway. I asked them if they could wait a second for me to get reactant, the response i got: "get good, loser". Within the minute i barely made the 2 remaining reactant. But they didn't move an inch and I'm 100% sure they would have just extracted without my realic broken.

This kinda behavior should be reported. No one is a loser for not collecting their reactants in time, specially those who entered the mission late or cant find them due to objects not rendering because of lag.

Maybe [DE] could have the same approach Blizzard had in Overwatch with some expressions like "GG IZI" and alike, replacing some words with self defamatory ones so should a player write "Get Good" or something like it on chat, it would automatically replace with "I suck".

12 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I wouldnt call this Trolling but mostly just Selfishness, Trolling would be if someone spent the mission doing something that either prevented it from being completed or that compromised other player`s performance directly. Still not the kinda player i like having around.

I always make sure my whole team has collected their reactants before extracting or trying to pull additional excavators as i know the frustration of being left behind.

This kinda behavior should be reported. No one is a loser for not collecting their reactants in time, specially those who entered the mission late or cant find them due to objects not rendering because of lag.

Maybe [DE] could have the same approach Blizzard had in Overwatch with some expressions like "GG IZI" and alike, replacing some words with self defamatory ones so should a player write "Get Good" or something like it on chat, it would automatically replace with "I suck".

Tbh, I'm not a snowflake, that he said 'get good, loser' didn't matter much to me, however the leaving and screwing part is aggitating to say the least.

Edited by Visione

Excavation is a problem like many other mission types when doing lith or meso, avoid them completely.

As for grabing reactant, you 1st need to be absolutly sure that you couldn't pick up 10,your situation happens from time to time in my experience, where players flat out ignore reactant (which is waypointed automatically when entering the room) and will then complain near the end, wasting time instead of grabing the actual reactant.

It is very common for me to ignore any appeals made by other players, i won't become offensive like the example you described, but i will say that instead of chatting for half a minute, you should have grabbed the reactant on the ground, when doing a fissure i am not in the mood to go and teach the basics of waypoints and what they mean, if i get 10 and several more fissures appear, then a player cannot have 6, if you have 6 then you intentionally missed them (probably 5 or 6 of them) so you could catch up with the team and this happens in 95% of all players who complain at the end and ask to wait.

I am literally a player that kills everything that appears so you have no excuse, all you need to do is run, if you prefer to moan on the squad chat then you get the results of the lack of effort and lack of basics (wp system and running) and you will need to repeat the mission, that simple.

In some cases i will indeed wait, but those are so rare that this is a non issue, i can safely say that the issue lies on the player complaining in squad chat asking for others to wait.

To sum things up, i don't say "get good", i simply end the mission so the player realises what kind of results they get when they miss things intentionally or lack basic understandings of the game.

Action and consequence, nothing more, no need to enter endless debates in chat.

Edited by KIREEK