Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The fleeting plains of eidolon.

Let me first say that I think Poe is an awesome step in a very cool direction for warframe, but not without problems. And naturally, much of this will be my subjective perspective. 

So I've done all the main stuff in Poe, not even anymore arcane sparking my interest. No reason to fish or mine much of the time, because I've gotten everything I want from the very simple map. 

An open zone had its shock value, but now What? There isn't much to gain from exploring aside from finding that big ass mine that is 90% pointless. So it ends up just being a tile set with no walls. There's nothing to explore, which is the staple of the open world genre. Not to mention, even a brand new player can walk the perimeter of the map, like day one. Though that in particular is understandable considering thus is DE's first open land mass. But that doesn't excuse how much greater the open zones can be. Not just in scale, but also in value. 

I guess what really gets me off kilter about the plains is that I have no reason to adventure. If you look at any open world in modern gaming, there are characters, quests, and items in the actual world. It's built so you can have a unique experience by just wondering around. That is something that the plains does not offer. I think DE needs to look at the behemoths that have had major success In the open world genre and take notes (Other developers should be looking to DE too).

Now hubs... *captain America saying oh god*. I can't buy anything from 80% of the shops. In my opinion, this kind of crippled Cletus. And to make me spend even less time in fetus, they put plains stuff in the market on the orbitet. Why does most of that hub even exist? To troll? I get that cetus has to obey it's own lore, but it's kind of insane to expect many people to by an orbiter rug with plat. And then it would have been more acceptable if the it was sold from the rug shop in cetus... But it's somehow not.

Overall: free pass for first attempt, impress me on Venus because I beleive in u DE.

Yeah im missing a little bit more in the plains content/activity wise as well lately.

I love fishing, really do. Mining well if it has to be why not? But then what else? .... i actually dont know, Bountys yeah.... i hate all the time going back to cetus, activate the bounty, then do it, then go back no thanks... only used it because i really had to...

What the Plains of Eidolon and Cetus could use:

Cetus:

-More activitys, hell even some small mini games would be fun to kill some time and maybe get SOME rewards (maybe the chance of a cetus wisp for example to just win one or anything else that is usefull like a rare ore)

-New Shops for whatever, maybe even cosmetics in the style of the Ostrons, decorations for your Orbiter. Oh just imagine you can actually.... form... your own decorations there with a cetus work bench, like sculptures... or anything else that would look interresting (And if its just a few pre made options you can stack on each other or whatever)

-Bow Shooting Range: a shooting range with obstacles and targets close, and far popping up where you can test your bows (maybe even zaw bows? Hint hint :D ) and even got a chance to even win random prices (hell that sounds way to much like Zelda, i think i just miss playing Ocarina of Time, maybe ignore this idea....)

The Plains of Eidolon:

-Bounty request npc IN the plains, maybe in a secured zone so you got the option of just accepting new bountys right in the plains without the need of always going back to Cetus. (it could also be different bountys then what you can get from Konzu for example and more randomly then ever... or the opposide very specialized)

-More Activitys. Imagine using something like a glider and adding a bit more to the plains new zones, like a mountain zone where this glider can actually be launched from (of course easy to shoot down) or diving a little bit into the ocean with your ark wing (yeah that probably will take a lot of work....)

-New threats with a new area as well, like a better fortified base in a new zone with minefields and some even heavier gun emplacements. And a Base going a little bit in the underground that you can enter (and maybe must enter in some specialized missions)

Ah i original had a lot more ideas but while i written that i noticed they would be far better for venus actually....

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It isn't an open world, was never sold as an open world and therefore is never going to fill a niche it was never designed to fill.

Actually, open zones were and are advertised as an open world expansion. They said they were reluctant to call it that, but it is indeed what it is supposed to be.