Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another dream concept

Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3

This is what playing Breath of the Wild until almost midnight gets me:

Hunhow has come up with another way to destroy the Tenno, but this time he's attempting to alter time itself so that the Warframes never existed. You have to pull off some key assassinations, without any Warframe to help you, learn new void powers, and discover a prototype for the Warframes and bring it back with you, and make sure that the Warframes will be in their rightful place.

Time traveling in Warframe so far only occurred on some Lua maps like Spy and still, as far as i know its linked to Void energy so there is no Way Hunhow or any of his fragments could make their way back in time through these gates as the Void is deadly to them.

Also this thing of going back in time to destroy someone is too Terminator like...

13 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Time traveling in Warframe so far only occurred on some Lua maps like Spy and still, as far as i know its linked to Void energy so there is no Way Hunhow or any of his fragments could make their way back in time through these gates as the Void is deadly to them.

Also this thing of going back in time to destroy someone is too Terminator like...

Hunhow could send someone not Void-intolerant back, such as Stalker, to his bidding for him.

Overall, a cool idea. Notably Terminator like XD But that's a good thing in its own way. However, seems like DE have big plans for Hunhow and this would require resources and time that to be drawn away from his main agenda. If he even wants to destroy the Warframes. With the advent of Umbra, it may be possible that he wants to convert them or use them himself.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

No, adding time travel to warframe ruins the lore. Like, why not fix everything with time travel?

Hunhow obviously never had to deal with the consequences of altering time, like in Dragon Age: Inquisition. But like I said, this was in a dream I had after playing Zelda: BOTW until nearly midnight.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

No, adding time travel to warframe ruins the lore. Like, why not fix everything with time travel?

Same reasons as any universe that has time travel: The risk of himself in an infinite loop, limiting what can be done. The risk of destroying himself. The risk of altering the future in unforeseen or unpredictably ways, require absolute precision in Hunhow's actions when time travelling. Limitations to the technology, allowing only one trip through time, or costing a lot of energy and requiring a lot of time to prepare it or repeat it. Some form of sickness or degeneration caused by time travel (which I would imagine that Warframes would be immune to this since the obvious answer is Void energy).

Does not ruin the lore in any way. We've seen missions on Lua that use limited time travel or a sort of time control/lock/stasis on an area. Could even add to the lore, explaining how the Sentients were able to travel over such vast distances with a speed they do not show in any of their other forms of travel. Lotus becoming infertile could quite possibly be a side effect of the aforementioned degeneration of time travel. IF done right it could be a great addition to the lore and universe.

9 hours ago, ValGaloriamn said:

Hunhow could send someone not Void-intolerant back, such as Stalker, to his bidding for him.

I doubt Stalker will be doing Hunhow`s biddings anymore as he only gave the Stalker more questions and made him more confused during the Second Dream quest.

On 2018-05-09 at 5:11 AM, ValGaloriamn said:

Lotus becoming infertile could quite possibly be a side effect of the aforementioned degeneration of time travel.

This is actually already explained in the Natah quest. The Sentients built an interstellar solar rail in the system they colonized (it linked to the Outer Terminus solar rail built ahead of time by the Orokin) and used it to travel back to the solar system. But, solar rails use void energy for ftl travel, and the void energy exposure from using the solar rail is what left the Sentients that travelled to the solar system unable to reproduce.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎09 at 1:17 AM, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

What has anyone who tried learned from it? Try to fix one problem with time travel, you end up with another; close that leak down and another springs up; eventually the problems build and build until they eventually explode.

I've had time to refine my idea, and this is what I got:

First Hunhow tries to make it so the Orokin "invasion" never happened, but now his race is under the control of the Orokin, and he has no soldiers to wage war for him; next he tries to prevent the Zariman Ten-Zero incident from ever happening, but that still backfires; he then continues to apply other "solutions", which backfire and cause more problems for both Tau and the Orokin, the Tenno are caught in the middle, and must rely on the Quills and their Unum to set things right, and prevent Spacetime from unraveling in the process.

On 2018-05-11 at 1:16 AM, (PS4)Buccos21 said:

This is actually already explained in the Natah quest. The Sentients built an interstellar solar rail in the system they colonized (it linked to the Outer Terminus solar rail built ahead of time by the Orokin) and used it to travel back to the solar system. But, solar rails use void energy for ftl travel, and the void energy exposure from using the solar rail is what left the Sentients that travelled to the solar system unable to reproduce.

I forgot about this. Thank you xD