Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necro's Design Stands Out (Too Much)

Blackchaosvortex

2mq3s6f.jpg

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE THE DESIGN.... it's sooo detailed!

Almost too detailed that it makes all other warframes look... kinda poor.

Especially when you compare Nova with this new Necro.

It also doesnt feel like a suit, it's more or less like a creature itself.

What do you guys think? You think he fits the other warframes?

I think he sets a higher standard for any upcoming warframe which also kinda worries me with the current warframes we have,

cause then they just look dull.

my groups ideas some concept from ValhaHazard to(different feel for the concept maybe you like?lol) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/95600-crypt-the-wicked-warframe/#entry1080209

Edited by Masqurade_Blademan

I personally think it's only slightly ahead of the detail curb than the others.

Looking over to my lovely Saryn, who has a plastic skirt for a growth on her behind, I feel that model reworking would be a LOVELY thing to have. 

I want the necro to show up JUST how he is, but I would like to see previous warframes get a detail overhaul (do NOT get rid of their appearance, just add detail) 

I can live without wings, it makes Necro unique, but I WOULD like Saryn to be just as detailed.

I for one will be upset if his Ultimate ability doesn't cause those spines on his back to extend in a skeletal wing formation.[/size]

Or if he doesn't get to use his Dementor... esque... orifice... to cast some kind of life drain.[/size]

Or if he doesn't have idle animations that just focus on curling his fingers in a sinister fashion, full Bela Lugosi style.

Otherwise, I think his appearance is very fitting, from the bony figure to the Grim Reaper hood (though I don't expect the spines hanging off the back of the hood to make it, but I'd have to see the official render).

Get ready to be upset then.

The artistic direction for Warframes died when they made Vauban. First you had all Warframes look oriental with organic metal themes. But now it's just whatever they feel like. I guess you could call these Gen 2 warframe designs, but then again they all don't have similar themes to them.

The artistic direction for Warframes died when they made Vauban. First you had all Warframes look oriental with organic metal themes. But now it's just whatever they feel like. I guess you could call these Gen 2 warframe designs, but then again they all don't have similar themes to them.

When did Saryn or Rhino ever look oriental? 

Patchouli Knowledge - "The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things. There's no distinction between science and magic."

Probably the first time I've seen someone quote touhou and also have decent taste.

"FLAT IS JUSTICE"

oh well

Edited by PQNQS

Erusa, on 15 Aug 2013 - 4:21 PM, said:snapback.png

Patchouli Knowledge - "The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things. There's no distinction between science and magic."

Probably the first time I've seen someone quote touhou and also have decent taste.

"FLAT IS JUSTICE"

oh well

Something being quoted doesn't mean it is necessarily good enough though.

This is my own version (any similarity to existing quotes is coincidental)

Science and Magic is the same thing: the former is used by people who understand or has the intent to understand; the latter is used by those who don't or have given up.

Example of usage:

The technician finally gave up trying to explain how he solved the problem with his customer's computer and said to him, "It's magic."

That being said, it is better that the other Frames are getting visually upgraded to this level rather than bring Necro down. If you remember Ember, she lacked detail from legs but look at her now, yeah, more details and hopefully this would be a new era for every Frame getting better details and visual upgrades.