Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma rework

(PSN)Gallagin

4 hours ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

It is very easy charging vex armor to max.  

IMO, his 1st and 4th sucks.  Chroma is currently a bullet sponge. Just that.

I mean he's also a team damage buffer now but it's few and far between that I see another Chroma with positive range.

Could never really figure the frame out.

#1 is that the one when it spits elemental? Like fire? Slow as hell, Super slow animation. Subpar damage. Basically useless.

#2 Emmental war: useful at times

#3 Vex armour: useful

#4 Too pricey in cast cost and energy upkeep. Not too impressed by its damage output neither.

Basically the two offensive powers I simply don't use. And the rest is too boring to make me play the frame.

5 hours ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

It is very easy charging vex armor to max.  

IMO, his 1st and 4th sucks.  Chroma is currently a bullet sponge. Just that.

With the idea I presented a 740 health chroma would only be able to get 7.39% fury stacks before the next point of health damage kills him. Sure, it is currently easy to get his stacks to max, but what about this? You would have to consistently put yourself in danger to build up stacks.

1 hour ago, (PS4)tacticalweapon1 said:

With the idea I presented a 740 health chroma would only be able to get 7.39% fury stacks before the next point of health damage kills him. Sure, it is currently easy to get his stacks to max, but what about this? You would have to consistently put yourself in danger to build up stacks.

I can get up to 822% attack and 1044% armor. And life points are always up. Just build him properly.

Just a couple of seconds to charge vex armor if you get into continuous fire situation.

I dont know how do you manage to charge vex armor..... Maybe we are talking about different things... For me it is very easy.

299% strength, 260% duration(approx.), 45% efficiency, 34% range

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

33 minutes ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

I can get up to 822% attack and 1044% armor. And life points are always up. Just build him properly.

Just a couple of seconds to charge vex armor if you get into continuous fire situation.

I dont know how do you manage to charge vex armor..... Maybe we are talking about different things... For me it is very easy.

He's talking about having it so you can infinitely charge vex armor and that it would just be really slow. 

I don't personally like the idea as that means going through my entire health bar for an 8% damage buff. I could only see this working if it was a passive ability and he had an ability that healed himself. It would also mean Chroma going in a direction I don't want him to.

Edited by (PS4)TacoTech239

for me (for how it was conceived: "the most powerful of all warframes" as DE described it) it should return as it was before.
because at this point it makes no sense to have a story that praises chroma as the only one that would remain if the lands were ruined if I later find something like that.
anyway, this is my idea, i hope that someday I can bring it back to its splendor, and I hope it's a very close day

Edited by (XB1)TRL kaldwin

On 2018-05-14 at 3:54 PM, (PS4)TacoTech239 said:

I seriously feel like Chroma's "rework" needs to be done again and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. With Chroma Prime potentiality being up next I know DE will be looking at his abilities and potentially doing some tweaks again so I'm just posting what I think would be good changes a lot of which is based on what other people have been saying should be changed. I'm not the most knowledgeable individual when it comes to this game so I don't know if any of this would work so I just mainly want to know how more people feel about how Chroma currently is and if they want him to change in some way.

Passive: Chroma's weapons are given bonus elemental damage based on his current element

1st Ability: Keep Spectral Scream but buff it's base damage a bit and have it deal more damage the longer it's active 

2nd ability: Cycle between the 4 elements just like swapping arrow types on Ivara. After cast Elemental ward will activate for it's normal duration, make it re-castable so you don't have to wait for the entire elemental ward duration to swap elements (EDIT: Instead of having the cycling elements for this ability it would make a lot more sense to be for the 1st ability along with spectral scream)

3rd ability: Keep Vex armor

4th ability: Keep Effigy but make it affected by Vex Armor's fury buff just like spectral scream and increase it's range. "Cast and Hold" to toggle it to start following you around ("Cast and Hold" like how the augment works)   (EDIT: Having it affected by the Fury buff might be a bit op, I haven't looked into the numbers so it could be too much when mathed out idk)

EDIT: All I really want is to be able to change elements in mission, for Effigy to follow you around and for his first ability to not be completely useless, this is just my half assed attempt to come up with an idea of how they could do that.

Again these are just some of my ideas based on what other people have been saying and I just mainly want to know how more people feel about how Chroma currently is and if they want him to change in some way.

Report your post, so someone of the admins put it in the warframd feedback area, where it belongs

On 2018-05-15 at 7:56 AM, AnGeL_KRoM said:

I'm talking about my idea for how I would like to see vex armor work. I know how it works now, but I am talking about a hypothetical situation if my rework of vex armor was implemented. You may want to re-read my original post for more details.

On 2018-05-15 at 8:29 AM, (PS4)TacoTech239 said:

He's talking about having it so you can infinitely charge vex armor and that it would just be really slow. 

I don't personally like the idea as that means going through my entire health bar for an 8% damage buff. I could only see this working if it was a passive ability and he had an ability that healed himself. It would also mean Chroma going in a direction I don't want him to.

This is why I'm trying to think how I would want the calculations for vex armor to be. If this idea was implemented, I think we would need the original vex armor calculations for this to work. 8% damage increase in old days Chroma was still kinda meh, but build it up and you can become an unstoppable god (if you manage to survive for a very long period of time through skill and not dying while also building up your stacks slowly and making sure to recast vex armor, you deserve the power). With the original calculations and my idea on how the stacks scale, survivals would be really cool with Chroma and quick missions will still benefit from the buff (nothing really levels, and a small, (but considerable) damage and armor boost is all you ever really need).

I would like effigy being a toggle ability.

toggle on and you throw your skin! Using your one will also activate it on the effigy and using elemental ward will affect people around you and/or the effigy.

toggle off and you will get your effigy back, including more armor but less speed.

so it becomes more of a “battle stand”, fast and agile, but squishy.

or Tough and bulky, but slow.

On 2018-05-15 at 12:04 AM, (PS4)tacticalweapon1 said:

I still think they should try to return vex armor to its former glory (albeit different). What I've been thinking is that when you cast vex armor and take damage, your stacks scale VERY slowly (increasing in speed with power strength). I'm talking like 0.01% per point of damage. It scales infinitely and stacks carry from each recast. Stacks would get removed via nullifiers or going down (or losing the armor buff through being unable to recast). This way, Chroma can become the tanky, elemental berserker his frame is known to be, but it takes more time, management and skill.

Ehh Chroma wouldn't survive that change imo. That brings him into a similar vein as Nidus and i personally despise his play style. That extremely slow ramp up would make Chroma useless for anything but endurance runs and the energy cost to recast vex armor would have to be lowered greatly as a mas strength build now requires 100 energy or more depending on other mods used. All DE needs to do is rebuff the armor multiplier for vex armor that was pre rework or make the reduction a flat percentage reduction up to something like 95-98 percent (like shatter shield). The damage buff can stay where its at but his survivability took a hit that wasn't necessary when he's designed to be a rage tank. I mean Rhino, and Wukong can literally be immortal well past where Chroma looses any effectiveness. 

On 2018-05-14 at 10:07 AM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I think the current damage is fine if only they'd let us toggle between sentry mode, seek and attack enemies, or follow you. In comparisson to excal, chroma's 2 and 3 are already very oowerful and makes you tanky, so another op skill just doesn't sit right with me.

Forgot to put it in my earlier post, but yeah, spectral scream needs a buff. Currently the only thing i like about it is its sfx, which says a lot already.

they can give effigy the venari touch and have mode for it. press and hold to switch mode, press to activate.

On 2018-05-14 at 9:54 AM, (PS4)TacoTech239 said:

Passive: Chroma's weapons are given bonus elemental damage based on his current element

1st Ability: Keep Spectral Scream but buff it's base damage a bit and have it deal more damage the longer it's active 

2nd ability: Cycle between the 4 elements just like swapping arrow types on Ivara. After cast Elemental ward will activate for it's normal duration, make it re-castable so you don't have to wait for the entire elemental ward duration to swap elements (EDIT: Instead of having the cycling elements for this ability it would make a lot more sense to be for the 1st ability along with spectral scream)

3rd ability: Keep Vex armor

4th ability: Keep Effigy but make it affected by Vex Armor's fury buff just like spectral scream and increase it's range. "Cast and Hold" to toggle it to start following you around ("Cast and Hold" like how the augment works)   (EDIT: Having it affected by the Fury buff might be a bit op, I haven't looked into the numbers so it could be too much when mathed out idk)

EDIT: All I really want is to be able to change elements in mission, for Effigy to follow you around and for his first ability to not be completely useless, this is just my half assed attempt to come up with an idea of how they could do that.

Again these are just some of my ideas based on what other people have been saying and I just mainly want to know how more people feel about how Chroma currently is and if they want him to change in some way.

i like the passive.

1. spectral scream needs to go or be turned into a shout.

the shout could be used to change elements rather than having a dial like all the multi function powers.

2. if SC is turned into a shout, elemental ward could be combined with it so that you get a buff and which ever effect the shout would do. give him a new chromatic type power.

4. give it modes like venari has modes. Defensive, offensive, and support. allow spectral shout to trigger the AOE scream stun in all modes. while active give him evasion bonus for losing alot of armor.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

2 hours ago, (XB1)Sheady said:

Ehh Chroma wouldn't survive that change imo. That brings him into a similar vein as Nidus and i personally despise his play style. That extremely slow ramp up would make Chroma useless for anything but endurance runs and the energy cost to recast vex armor would have to be lowered greatly as a mas strength build now requires 100 energy or more depending on other mods used. All DE needs to do is rebuff the armor multiplier for vex armor that was pre rework or make the reduction a flat percentage reduction up to something like 95-98 percent (like shatter shield). The damage buff can stay where its at but his survivability took a hit that wasn't necessary when he's designed to be a rage tank. I mean Rhino, and Wukong can literally be immortal well past where Chroma looses any effectiveness. 

Hmmmm. Yeah, I kinda figured that this wouldn't make him very good outside of endurance runs. There's gotta be something that can be done. I like your idea for the most part, but with the way warframe is like (especially with armor scaling), the fury buff should really brought back up to its former glory if nothing is going to be done about armor scaling (which I think would help the game tremendously if it ever gets reworked)

I like your idea, the only thing I have to say is to buff again vex armor. 

The current isn't decent, is a slap in face to all the Chroma main that worked hard to add 5+ forma on him for only 1 reason... The Trralist, ta ta taaaaaa. 

Please make Chroma very great again, not overpowered just very great.