Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Frost Ever Be Improved?

andboomgoestheydynamite

Question

I was wondering if someone could send me a link to a popular thread on improving frost. One that DE could possibly be looking at or that has many replies/views. I did not want to start a thread about improving frost and get scolded for making another thread about an already discussed topic/

Edited by andboomgoestheydynamite

19 answers to this question

I definately needs some attention. But right now they are focused on Trinity and Ember. A lot of people have been pointing out flaws of Frosts skills (including myself), so I think they are aware of it.

Here is my topic, in case you wanna take a look: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/88462-frost-my-personal-opinion-about-his-abilities/

Edited by Zareek

frost is fine...at most...either ice wave or avalanche needs a rework cuz ice wave is essentially a straight forward offensive attack while avalanche is aoe....do we really need both? cmon, it isn't like u can combo it with fire blast and world on fire.

Yea i agree frost needs to be looked at. When I first got my frost he was amazing and definitely one of the best frames IMO being a great offensive and defensive frame. However after all the armor scaling in the higher missions, frost's offensive abilities (ice wave and avalanche) have become very sub par compared to other frames. This makes him a primary defense frame with enemies higher then 40. I still use freeze quite a lot though and its very useful so i think that and snow globe are fine as they are. His two offensive abilities are the only concern i have right now

Sigh, frost is actually decent on al powers. the way to *fix* frost is a simple NERF on snowglobe

making snowglobe work like an AoE ironskin - it absorbs a set amount of damage, then breaks.

Ice wave is a strong spell, as is avalanche, and his freeze spell can be a good CC. all he needss is to have this nerf on snowglobe and he's set.

Caput.

Sigh, frost is actually decent on al powers. the way to *fix* frost is a simple NERF on snowglobe

making snowglobe work like an AoE ironskin - it absorbs a set amount of damage, then breaks.

Ice wave is a strong spell, as is avalanche, and his freeze spell can be a good CC. all he needss is to have this nerf on snowglobe and he's set.

Caput.

If you nerf snowglobe then you are basically destroying frost. Seeing as I have used frost for probably 200+ hours I am pretty sure you do not know what your talking about.

If you nerf snowglobe then you are basically destroying frost. Seeing as I have used frost for probably 200+ hours I am pretty sure you do not know what your talking about.

I agree, if you nerf snowglobe, Frost would be pretty useless. I use Frost the most by far. I also agree with a few others in that after lvl 40 enemies Frost's 2 offense powers need a look at.

I agree, if you nerf snowglobe, Frost would be pretty useless. I use Frost the most by far. I also agree with a few others in that after lvl 40 enemies Frost's 2 offense powers need a look at.

there is a way to BALANCE the snow globe....just add some logic to it...inside players cant shoot outside mobs and mobs are trapped inside the globe, the only logical thing they cant apply in this case is trapping players inside to not feed the trolls =P

Caput.

Nein danke.

Nej.

Or no thanks

Caput.

So...instead of improving any of his abilities, like the OP suggested, you want to NERF his best ability.....???

Go away.

I think Snow Globe does need a nerf in order for the other abilities to be buffed. However, I really, really hope they won't give it Iron Skin treatment. The ideal change would be to let Snow Globe reduce (not completely block) damage leaving the globe as well. Ice Wave and Avalanche will only become viable once armour scaling and power damage scaling is completely overhauled.

So, give a defensive frame more offensive powers...then what is the point of having frames that are better suited to a specific situation?  Why not just give everyone the same powers?  If you don't like the fact that Frost's "offensive" powers aren't as good as another frame's, go play that other frame.

This argument is like saying that tanks in other games should do more damage, and healers should do more damage.  There should be variety, and not all offensive abilities should do the same amount of damage across all frames.