The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Build?

legionprobatio

Question

13 answers to this question

Sobek is better than hek, much better dps, pretty much has the same range as the hek. a huge clip compared to hek, the reload time can be mitigated by using tactical pump and buying more time with an ability or going behind cover for a sec.

6Mxkxus.png

this is what i left Sobek as the last time i used it (which is still more than 30% of the time, for when i need to bring a universal purpose weapon for serious level enemies).

i've only used one Forma, so i can't fit an ammo pool card on, but that's the next thing i would put on Sobek. 

walk into rooms, clear it. 

just incase any other players in a match wanted to get any kills, Sobek can clear a room before someone can even swing a sword.

also don't let anyone that hasn't looked at the math tell you Sobek isn't one of the best guns in the game. and it's also far superior to Hek for low level and high level enemies. inbetween Hek wins only because Sobeks' attributes only really shine against serious S#&$ enemies.

edit:

by the way, don't worry too much about adding elementals to Sobek, there's a lot of base damage, and that scales pretty nicely against most factions due to having the biggest pellets in the game, then the ice damage burns shields instantly, and the remaining buckets and buckets of AP damage pretty much kills everything. Blaze also conveniently has fire damage, for that convenient boost against Infested.

though i suppose reload speed and ammo pool could be traded off for elementals, but personally i'd rather have the reload and ammo pool.

Edited by taiiat

Sobek is MUCH better than Hek against hardier enemies if you max the fire rate and damage.

Here is a build:

Accelerated Blast

Blaze

Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Flechette

Chilling Grasp

Shotgun Spazz

Either Charged Shell or Incendiary Coat, or Cleanse Grineer

Prioritize them in that order.

Hek build would be similar, but without Shotgun Spazz.

Edited by Grilleds

finally, someone intelligent. have my children, someone that actually can understand how obvious it is that Sobek just wipes the floor.

Sobek is MUCH better than Hek against hardier enemies if you max the fire rate and damage.

personally, i don't use much ROF, because Sobek can easily be used like a pump action shotgun. Sobek by no means 'needs' to spam shells. i can pick and choose my shots and get ridiculous damage output.

personally, i don't use much ROF, because Sobek can easily be used like a pump action shotgun. Sobek by no means 'needs' to spam shells. i can pick and choose my shots and get ridiculous damage output.

If you play like that you might as well be using the Hek. Quicker reload and higher single shot damage means the Hek is a better pick if you just plan on one-shotting everything.

With full RoF and damage mods, Sobek outdamages almost every other weapon in the game, with only armor scaling holding it back, and not by much since shotguns have 2 armor piercing mods. It can unload its entire clip within 3 seconds. That's 2000 damage within 3 seconds before damage mods are factored in.