Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we possibly get axis manipulation for decorations?

AdunSaveMe

Moving everything with the camera is really painful. You can't see it from different angles and it's really buggy with some surfaces. The tools like pulling and changing snap distance are great, but since it's all based on where the camera is, the fine control you get is very limited and it can be very frustrating to get right.

Dojo decoration would be absolutely brilliant if the camera could be moved on its own, and decorations were moved and rotated by horizontal and vertical axis lines, like it is in programs such as Blender. This would make decorating so much easier, less frustrating, and far more precise. Like this:

TzWhS9w.png

So we could place decorations with precision, without having to worry about them rotating on their own or placing badly on bumpy surfaces, and without trying to wrestle with camera placement just to put things in the right spot. I believe this is just what we need to make dojo and liset decorating perfect. Perhaps have it as a keybind to lock something to the camera for moving it long distances quickly, and then swap back to axis manipulation to fine tune it.

Pretty please?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Pretty much +1. I tried decorating my dojo a bit. I spent 20 EFFING minutes trying to place ONE object and just gave up. The controls are so bad. Things will snap but glow red, or won't snap but be oriented poorly. Everytime I move the camera everything moves, all the alignments and positioning is ruined and has to be started from scratch. There needs to be a separation from our view and our placement.

7 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Pretty much +1. I tried decorating my dojo a bit. I spent 20 EFFING minutes trying to place ONE object and just gave up. The controls are so bad. Things will snap but glow red, or won't snap but be oriented poorly. Everytime I move the camera everything moves, all the alignments and positioning is ruined and has to be started from scratch. There needs to be a separation from our view and our placement.

Don't forget how if you want to move an item you've just placed, and you click on it to select it, it will automatically align to your camera and usually move itself drastically out of position. If it just wasn't tied to camera positioning at all, I would be decorating my dojo for days,