The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Powerful System, Poor Performance

Zakalwe

My system: 

i5 2500k@4.1ghz 

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 
Zotac GTX 670 Amp Ed (dynamic overclock) 
8gig Corsair Vengeance 
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5 
OCZ 90GB Agility 3 SSD 
OCZ ZS Series 750W 

Latest nvidia drivers.

-

No matter what I set it to (everything low/off or everything max), my framerates dip every now and then for absolutely no discernible reason.Heat of battle or just walking through an empty corridor. I have vsync enabled, and every 10 seconds or so it dips from 60 to 40 and shoots right back up giving very noticeable fps lag spikes.

Same with vsync off, but that's even more unstable as it fluctuates between 40-120 or so.

What are other people's experiences with similar set ups?

Do you get constant 60fps, and if so what settings?

Thanks very much

Edited by Zakalwe

My system: 

i5 2500k@4.1ghz 

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 

8gig Corsair Vengeance 

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5 

OCZ 90GB Agility 3 SSD 

OCZ ZS Series 750W 

Latest nvidia drivers.

No matter what I set it to (everything low/off or everything max), my framerates dip every now and then for absolutely no discernible reason.Heat of battle or just walking through an empty corridor. I have vsync enabled, and every 10 seconds or so it dips from 60 to 40 and shoots right back up giving very noticeable fps lag spikes.

Same with vsync off, but that's even more unstable as it fluctuates between 40-120 or so.

What are other people's experiences with similar set ups?

Do you get constant 60fps, and if so what settings?

Thanks very much

1. take away that background color from the text and just make it default white like everything else

2.(x) untick the 64-bit mode on the client options , right beside X button

3. if that does not work then its clearly something on your end , im running this on a terrible system and getting around 70-90FPS

i would imagine something is going faulty or something either that or its a software problem

It's probably software. This whole game seems sloppily thrown together. It's the only game I play/own that runs inconsistently. This game is also not very graphically demanding -it's all lights and particles mostly, so it should run fine on Low-High end systems, only it doesn't. I have a friend who plays this game, on a very crappy, pre-build Dell pile of s..t, and it runs better on his than mine (I have a medium system).

Why you ask? Good f..king question.

Edited by Eulo

Ok, a few things...

1. The text colour must have been because I cut and paste it from a profile on another site where it was already written out. I posted it from my phone and the thread looked perfectly normal when I did (all one colour). I understand it's annoying, but there's no need to be rude about it. :3

2. Un-ticking 64bit mode crashes the game. I press the play button and the screen goes black, then gives me a crash error.

3. This system runs BF3 on High/Ultra at 60fps The Witcher 2 High/Ultra 60fps, etc... my system is well maintained (drivers manually uninstalled and completely wiped each time they upgrade, all software is optimised including windows, all hardware is dust free and well ventilated).

4. My internet connection is perfectly fine. 10mbs, and very stable. We don't have any kind of problem with it in any other capacity.

If it is a problem my end, I have no idea what it could be. I'd imagine it is on the game's end though as it used to run perfectly (pre update 7, last time I played) with everything maxed and no dips. 

As I said, I'm just curious what those of you with similar (perhaps even the same series of gpu) systems are experiencing. 

Edited by Zakalwe

Ok, a few things...

1. The text colour must have been because I cut and paste it from a profile on another site where it was already written out. I posted it from my phone and the thread looked perfectly normal when I did (all one colour). I understand it's annoying, but there's no need to be rude about it. :3

2. Un-ticking 64bit mode crashes the game. I press the play button and the screen goes black, then gives me a crash error.

3. This system runs BF3 on High/Ultra at 60fps The Witcher 2 High/Ultra 60fps, etc... my system is well maintained (drivers manually uninstalled and completely wiped each time they upgrade, all software is optimised including windows, all hardware is dust free and well ventilated).

4. My internet connection is perfectly fine. 10mbs, and very stable. We don't have any kind of problem with it in any other capacity.

If it is a problem my end, I have no idea what it could be. I'd imagine it is on the game's end though as it used to run perfectly (pre update 7, last time I played) with everything maxed and no dips. 

As I said, I'm just curious what those of you with similar (perhaps even the same series of gpu) systems are experiencing. 

Same problem here, got the same CPU but clocked @ 4,8 but I'm running a HD7950 OC'd. Already made a support ticket with all the logs but they couldn't resolve my problem yet. The problems started since U9 (especially in the Void and the new Phobos planet where my FPS drops from 150 in the beginning to 30?! after about half the mission especially when a huge amount of enemies spawn).

Edited by R4yn0r

Dynamic GPU clocks can cause odd issues sometimes, I would see if forcing things to a fixed clock speed smooths them out.

im running this on a terrible system and getting around 70-90FPS

Not all the time you aren't.

The game is going through some optimization teething problems at the moment.

DE_Dimitri knows about them and does appreciate these reports.

More reports, the more aware DE will be of the issues and hopefully resolve them sooner than later.

Sanol, I have thought that, but then no other application or game has an issue like this. I'll look into stabilising it, see if it helps for now. Thanks for spurring me to try, even if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Posting here as well in hopes that it gives DE another data point.

AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM @ 1066MHz, Twin GeForce GTX460s, 2ndGen Intel SSD.

I've tried tweaking process affinity, priority, enabling/disabling SLI, updating drivers (some of them made my PC prone to hard-locking), checking/unchecking "64-bit mode"...

Nothing I've tried so far, including messing with various in-game display options, has yielded any apparent benefits.

Same problem here, got the same CPU but clocked @ 4,8 but I'm running a HD7950 OC'd. Already made a support ticket with all the logs but they couldn't resolve my problem yet. The problems started since U9 (especially in the Void and the new Phobos planet where my FPS drops from 150 in the beginning to 30?! after about half the mission especially when a huge amount of enemies spawn).

Same same here...

No reason... random framerate drop. I have a good computer.

I play Warframe on 2 devices. A laptop, and a desktop.

Desktop is pretty old. 

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz

4GB DDR3 Ram

500HDD

GTX 650 2GB DDR5 (Driver version 320.49)

Laptop is the Asus G74S RoG Laptop.

Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz (Turbo boost up to 3.0Ghz)

8GB DDR3 Ram

1.5TB HDD

GTX 560M 3GB DDR5 (Driver version 320.49)

On my desktop, the game's performance on maximum settings is pretty smooth, with constant 50-60 FPS. Hardly have any FPS lags, except when i'm hosting a void session. 

On my laptop, maximum settings, the FPS varies from 20-70 FPS. And it lags pretty often. Empty corridor on a map, getting swarmed by enemies on defence, the FPS lags a lot. This didn't happen to me before Update 9. I was getting smooth constant FPS before update 9.

Edit : I tried enabling and disabling the Direct X 11. Disabling it gets rid of the horrible FPS lag spikes. It runs quite smooth without Direct X 11. This reminds me of Batman Arkham City when it was just released. It had really bad Direct X 11 optimization and the game would stutter and give really bad FPS lag because of Direct X 11 features. Disabling it also made the FPS constant and have less lag spikes.

Edited by YourGrandfather

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU         650  @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

I run Crysis 3 maxed out at 30 FPS,no problem.

I run Warframe in the lowest settings in the void (in certain conditions) 10 FPS.

I run Warframe maxed out in the void (same conditions) 10 FPS.

Seems to happen only when there's a hell of a lot of enemies being alive on the map. In any other areas I have 50+ FPS

It's obviously not our video cards being unable to handle it,its just the CPUs,even my CPU's cores 1 and 3 work at around 80% in warframe in the conditions mentioned while cores 2 and 4 stay at around 10% :( That's the reason why I never use melee or semi-auto weapons in this game,unless they're really slow to begin with like the Snipetron V.

I think it's latest GPU driver causing problems

I'm still using GPU drivers from October of last year, and they haven't caused problems with Warframe or any other games I play.

Honestly, all the newer GeForce driver versions I've tried have only introduced crash/stability problems.

Potential driver issues aside, many of us can dig into Task Manager and see how poorly the game is working with our CPUs in (almost) real time.

With drivers 320.49 I had weird freezing of complete PC but no problems in warframe (i5 3550 + GTX550Ti + 8GB), every 20-30 sec. 5 seconds of freeze. I thought it was firefox and flash player. But than it continued even if I closed them.

Than "GPU driver recovered" messages started to pop up on regular basis (while using Firefox, Chrome, Office etc.).

I rolled back to 320.18.

Now I have, just sometimes, 1-2 sec of screen freezing on Phobos levels.

But it happens really, really rare (every 5th-7th mission, 1 temporary screen freeze, lasting 1-2 sec).

But than again I haven't been using PC a lot (work, summer etc.)

Edited by Strac_CRO

The game is running extremely bad on my set up most of the time in a void mission it stays at 57 and might completely random jump up to 120+

and the GPU itilization stays at a lame 28% on both gpu's 

specs:

i7 4770k @stock

sabertooth z87

Gtx 780 direct CU2 in two way SLI 

8GB 1600mhz memory (cl9)

2 TB divided on two Hdd's 

and a 840 SSD 120gb

(i can rule out that there are no faulty parts since i have tested each one)

Edited by chili_nor

actually yes yes i am getting it all the time , if running solo but

hosting it dips bellow 50 but never goes bellow 30

That's not good performance... 30fps is last gen console level performance.

PCs of this calibre should be running a game like WF at over 60fps easily and consistently.