Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little but very good requisition from a newbie player (noob, yep i know!)

broderbr

Whats up guys, all fine?

Well, im here to talk and request a single implementation on the Missions/Quick Progress View

Would it be very difficult to add the mission information (objectives/goals) in the Progress window or perhaps on the left side of the screen, telling you what the mission objective is?
Because I'm seeing several players complaining that they do not know what to do on the mission.
Okay, the yellow and map icons help you reach the locations, but if you miss the intro (animation Lotus/NPCS) that appears a few times on the left side, you end up failing the mission as it runs from one place to another. For veteran players this is bullS#&$, but for new players who are discovering the mechanics of the game (like me) it is frustrating to lose all the loots + progress of the mission, cause not knowing what needs to be done. Plains of Eidolon It is a good example because in the same map it is changing the objectives as you cross the terrain, one behind the other.

It could be an option to activate and deactivate in the Options Menu (like the captions for example) or only a small informative text in the left side or in the window Progress Mission.

PS: Dismissed unnecessary criticism from veteran players. It's just a friendly request, nothing to generate discussion or discord, okay?

Cheers Tennos!  Have a good game    o/

Edited by broderbr

I suppose a simple fix would to tell the mission type in the Mission Progress.

Displaying the location would be useful too, sometimes when invited to a mission, I am left wondering on where the mission was.

Here is another idea: Adding a button to the in mission progress window to have lotus repeat the objetive.

---

Hey, do not assume the opinion of others, for me this is perfectly reasonable feedback, except for the use of bovine excrement. Addendum: I grant there could be some that think like that.

Edited by theraot

Another thing that has been happening a lot: I finish the missions goal with 20 or 10 seconds on the timer before finishing - Lotus appears and congratulates me ... and then the "Mission Failed" window appears !!! (it happened 4 consecutive times in different missions just tonight, one after another.

Would it be any problem with my ping / latency? I'm playing Solo and im playing from Brazil (15Mb connection/adsl)

Edited by broderbr

Even as a veteran player this feature is standard in most other games, it's not hard to add a UI element on the side of the screen that tells you what you're doing for mission, and they've technically already done it when plague star was first introduced.

21 hours ago, broderbr said:

PS: Dismissed unnecessary criticism from veteran players. It's just a friendly request, nothing to generate discussion or discord, okay?

There are a few cranky vets here, but I don't think experienced players are gonna hate on your idea (which I like 😄). And if they are, don't worry you're not doing anything wrong, they are.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-24 at 7:42 PM, Gandergear said:

Even as a veteran player this feature is standard in most other games, it's not hard to add a UI element on the side of the screen that tells you what you're doing for mission, and they've technically already done it when plague star was first introduced.

On 2018-05-24 at 7:47 PM, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

There are a few cranky vets here, but I don't think experienced players are gonna hate on your idea (which I like 😄). And if they are, don't worry you're not doing anything wrong, they are.

Thanks for the support and appreciation guys. I miss some information in the game interface/missions/boosters, which we have in other games of this style that I always played.
So let's see, because they are always making changes/improvements in the game, let's wait ...

Cheers Tennos!!!!      o/

3 hours ago, broderbr said:

Thanks for the support and appreciation guys. I miss some information in the game interface/missions/boosters, which we have in other games of this style that I always played.
So let's see, because they are always making changes/improvements in the game, let's wait ...

Cheers Tennos!!!!      o/

As someone who’s pretty much done everything there is to do in this game, I couldn’t agree more with your post dude. 

While le I understand DE have never wanted to hold our hand and want us to figure things out for ourselves I do believe there needs to be a certain level of instruction on what to do. Especially when so many vet players refuse to teach newer players. 

(Seriously, vet players, this is an issue. Not many of us are willing to help the new guys, and that’s not okay.)