The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"i Think After We Got Over The Shock..."

wraith.exe

I saw the Live stream 12 today. I noticed a lot of uncomfortable body language [trained investigator] around when you were talking about the more dedicated players. I took a screenshot to capture this. I'd like to acknowledge the huge bell curve of players in here. New players are finding it hard; veteran players are finding it easy. Overcoming that mountain has been one of the most rewarding things in video gaming I've ever had...and then something still one-shots me. Absolutely awesome. 

Anyway, meme: 

j1KyAGU.jpg

Sometimes I worry about my brain when I look at my time online~

600+ hrs is never a good sign if you ask me haha~

then again, if any of you ever played Monster hunter~

it's a common thing to see 1000+ hrs in that game~

well at least I can say my hrs are cause~

I've been with the game since Closed beta~

and I still love playing Warframe~

I think the Devs are doing quite well, though they may need to consider getting more help at some point as Warframe continues to expand. I have been very pleased with Warframe. This has been by far one of the best games I have Beta-Tested for thus far.

Sadly they need a bigger team, as pushing out content to satisfy that is very demanding. But the game its self is looking really good, with a bit of polish it will be perfection.

No, no they don't. All that does is homogenize content.

What they need is a fanbase that is dedicated, sympathetic and understanding of modern game development issues.

Also, a fanbase that can learn to maybe take their hands away from the keyboard occasionally,

Maybe even for longer than ten minutes.

Edited by -Kittens-

No, no they don't. All that does is &*$$genize content.

What they need is a fanbase that is dedicated, sympathetic and understanding of modern game development issues.

Also, a fanbase that can learn to maybe take their hands away from the keyboard occasionally,

Maybe even for longer than ten minutes.

but my work revolves around typing codes!

I can't keey my hands off the keyboard for over 2minutes unless I'm in-between work and home! Dx

Its not a problem of how much time people spend on the game. If a guy grinds for 200 hours at 5 hours a day to reach new content, it'll be even worse for someone who only plays for 2 hours every other day. Grind is brutal, but at the same time an important way to limit content.

The problem is they can't strike a good balance, as shown by the last two events. To access the event content, you had to farm other missions, and all it did was slow down the rate at which people gained points. It didn't reduce the grind what-so-ever. This only negatively affected the people shooting for 100 points, and not a point more. After that, the rate of point gain was still the same, so the competition for top 100 wasn't effected negatively in perspective. No one who wanted to devote time towards competition was hampered, only those going for minimum rewards in a tidy time frame.

Also, for those who contribute feedback, don't let personal opinions take over the feeling of your post. Don't stick the guys who play 500 hours, they try desperately to give detailed feedback, and all they get shot-down with is "Nolifers", or "You're doing it wrong". You ran a mission 10 times and didn't like it, they ran it 100 times and could tell you why they didn't like it, and possibly how to fix it in good detail.

I still wanna know what Scott's shirt says.

I LOVE

-A-BRO-

I can't figure it out, lol. Wish someone would update the alphabet to cover the missing letters.

WARBROS BEST BROS!

I saw the Live stream 12 today. I noticed a lot of uncomfortable body language [trained investigator] around when you were talking about the more dedicated players. I took a screenshot to capture this

I think its clear that they want WF to be a hit, but were simply not ready for the game to be as well received as it has been given the state of the content in the game.

If anything, they should be considering front-burner-ing the game (put it in front of contract titles) and hire more staff just to support it.  (all conjecture on my part, but I assume that WF is the title they have their crews working on when they are normally idle)

Like many other placeholders in the game, they could simply impliment a place-holder end-game that would keep the try-hards and addicts busy... but they let endless defense fill that void and it's basically not a satisfying experience.

It must be awkward having a fan base with such a wide range of skill/devotion and trying to develope the game from scratch around them all.  Phobos is a genuine challenge for me, I shudder to think what it does to noobs just wandering in for the first time.

I saw the Live stream 12 today. I noticed a lot of uncomfortable body language [trained investigator] around when you were talking about the more dedicated players.

The uncomfortable body language during that part was nothing compared to when they were asked about dedicated servers.  If I had to guess, there's ongoing internal arguments about it between the staff.  Either that, or they have decided to stick exclusively to Peer to Peer, but are smart enough to know that announcing that fact would lead to a lot of angry threads / emails. 

I think it's "I love Warbros"

That's impossible, because there's no duplicate letters in his shirt (at least, no duplicate letters in word at the bottom).

It is either

-A-BRO-

or

-I-BRO

I can't tell if that's an A or an I because I can't find anytime where there's a closeup of his shirt except for this one, and there's an annoying crease in just the wrong place making it impossible. The symbol for I and the symbol for A are almost exactly the same, only there's an extra line across the top (which you can't see clear enough here).

But I know for sure that the character before the B is not an R (compare it to the one after the B).

That's the clearest pic I can find of his shirt. You can clearly see the third letter is not the same as the fifth one.

EDIT: Using the Corpus Alphabet posted here in the forums, and comparing it to the Interception translation, there are only three letters unaccounted for (neither of which match his shirt): J, Q, Z.

It looks like the last letter of his shirt is either an S or an L so we have:

-A-BROL, -A-BROS

-I-BROL, -I-BROS

There are almost no words in the English Language that has a Q without a U, so we can probably rule Q out. This leaves us with Z or J:

JAZBROL

JAZBROS

JIZBROL

JIZBROS

ZAJBROL

ZAJBROS

ZIJBROL

ZIJBROS

None of those really make sense, though.

Edited by Xylia

This game isn't an MMO....

Close enough to one: It is an online game played by a million+ people, it has long-term progression (even if it isn't a typical type of progression found in other games), it has a psuedo-economy (which will be improved when they let us sell mods for plat) of in-game items, it has a crafting system.

The only major limitation is that everybody sits in a Lobby and can only go out into instanced missions in groups of four.

I guess by that logic, Guild Wars isn't an MMORPG either? Dunno about #2, but I distinctly remember #1 being "Sit in the Lobby, group up and go out in small groups". Only in GW your avatar was able to walk around in town.... and do what again? the very same things you do while sitting in the Lobby in Warframe, only you can't see your (and others') characters moving around while doing so.

Edited by Xylia

Close enough to one: It is an online game played by a million+ people, it has long-term progression (even if it isn't a typical type of progression found in other games), it has a psuedo-economy (which will be improved when they let us sell mods for plat) of in-game items, it has a crafting system.

The only major limitation is that everybody sits in a Lobby and can only go out into instanced missions in groups of four.

I guess by that logic, Guild Wars isn't an MMORPG either? Dunno about #2, but I distinctly remember #1 being "Sit in the Lobby, group up and go out in small groups". Only in GW your avatar was able to walk around in town.... and do what again? the very same things you do while sitting in the Lobby in Warframe, only you can't see your (and others') characters moving around while doing so.

No no, by that logic Diablo is an MMO.  Which we know it isn't.

The definition of an MMO is when the players co-exist in one persistent game world and can interact with each other at any time.

Just a global chat and a market definitely doesn't cut it.

And we're limited to 4 players per instance at any given time.  This is definitely not an MMO by conventional definition.

Guild Wars has hundreds of players co-existing in the same world, that's why it's an MMO. Just like Tera, WoW, Secret World, Planetside, Firefall, Aion, etc.

No no, by that logic Diablo is an MMO.  Which we know it isn't.

Fair point.  However, the genre definitions between regular games and MMOs are becoming blurrier all the time.  Diablo 3 was an online-only action RPG, which at least covers the Multiplayer and Online parts of MMO.  The major difference between Diablo and Warframe is that people are more used to F2P games being MMOs, and Diablo wasn't traditionally an MMO franchise.  So Warframe is labeled an MMO, and Diablo isn't (I'm not saying that's fair, it is just how it is.)

The definition of an MMO is when the players co-exist in one persistent game world and can interact with each other at any time.

And we're limited to 4 players per instance at any given time.  This is definitely not an MMO by conventional definition.

You're forgetting about the Clan Dojos, which can hold more than 4 people at once, and are persistent (although still an instance).  There's also the weekend events, which have repercussions for the entire playerbase.  

Guild Wars has hundreds of players co-existing in the same world, that's why it's an MMO. Just like Tera, WoW, Secret World, Planetside, Firefall, Aion, etc.

The second Guild Wars had that.  The first Guild Wars had a few public areas (cities), and the rest was a series of instances filled with small groups of players.  Which is very similar to Warframe's method. 

Fair point.  However, the genre definitions between regular games and MMOs are becoming blurrier all the time.  Diablo 3 was an online-only action RPG, which at least covers the Multiplayer and Online parts of MMO.  The major difference between Diablo and Warframe is that people are more used to F2P games being MMOs, and Diablo wasn't traditionally an MMO franchise.  So Warframe is labeled an MMO, and Diablo isn't (I'm not saying that's fair, it is just how it is.)

You're forgetting about the Clan Dojos, which can hold more than 4 people at once, and are persistent (although still an instance).  There's also the weekend events, which have repercussions for the entire playerbase.  

The second Guild Wars had that.  The first Guild Wars had a few public areas (cities), and the rest was a series of instances filled with small groups of players.  Which is very similar to Warframe's method. 

I think that's where people get confused.  Many of the aspects in this game are ripped straight out of MMOs and applied to Warframe.  So at times it feels like an MMO.

I'm merely speaking of the base definition of what makes an MMO, which is the persistent world players exist in.  Dojo's are approaching that territory, but the players cannot engage in missions together with more than 4 people.

Otherwise I agree entirely, this game has many MMO mechanics tied into it.