Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and x360ce - can I use it?

Atekron

I do have generic game controller and in the past was able to use it in Warframe with x360ce emulator. Problem is that now Warframe launcher deletes all files that this program create from game folder. I found an solution, on this forum, by setting created files to "read only", and it's works, but I'm hesitant to use my controller now, because I don't want to be ban. So, any clarification, especially from DE members, would be very appreciated.

p.s.: sorry,I not sure where to put this post, it's not a bug or feedback, "general" seems ok.

p.s.s: maybe someone find it useful: did received answer from support - changing warframes files not ok and considered cheating, but it's ok to change files that emulator put in folder

Edited by Atekron

4 minutes ago, Atekron said:

So, any clarification, especially from DE members, would be very appreciated.

You are unlikely to receive that here. I would suggest asking Support

Even if you did get a ban, I feel "this software is required to make my controller function" is a fairly good excuse. 

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Which controller are you using? And what OS are you operating on? You may not even need that program anymore because either a replacement is available or you dont even need one.

Windows 10, some noname one ("ACME", made in China)

i need it, it's not working without it

9 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You are unlikely to receive that here. I would suggest asking Support

Even if you did get a ban, I feel "this software is required to make my controller function" is a fairly good excuse. 

yeah, but thing that worry me it why launcher did delete created files? I do believe this was not a case before

5 minutes ago, Atekron said:

Windows 10, some noname one ("ACME", made in China)

i need it, it's not working without it

Ah, so this controller doesn't work with the built-in drivers for 360 controllers or the plug-and-play drivers for third-party input devices then? Personally I would recommend trying out a different controller or getting a 360 controller so you can skip the emulator entirely, but thats just me. You can try to reach out to support with a ticket and provide information about the program you are using to emulate the drivers as well as details about your controller so they can give you a more official answer.

As for the launcher deleting the files, that is a security feature likely added to combat third party programs modifying the game or injecting code.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Ah, so this controller doesn't work with the built-in drivers for 360 controllers or the plug-and-play drivers for third-party input devices then? Personally I would recommend trying out a different controller or getting a 360 controller so you can skip the emulator entirely, but thats just me. You can try to reach out to support with a ticket and provide information about the program you are using to emulate the drivers as well as details about your controller so they can give you a more official answer.

if i'm not mistaken warframe does not support other controllers then 360, and maybe ps4, "out of the box" i mean

and i don't want to buy another controller

I do use this one emulator https://www.x360ce.com/

Edited by Atekron

2 minutes ago, Atekron said:

yeah, but thing that worry me it why launcher did delete created files? I do believe this was not a case before

I have no idea. That would be a question for support. It may just be that a foreign file was detected and removed (as it is not required for the game to function). Companies are having to make some changes due to stricter privacy laws (see, EU's GDPR). So, maybe it is something to do with that. I do not know.

I cannot imagine there would be much of an issue with using said software. But support really is your best bet. 

I am using an XB1 controller. It has full support, and works well. If you wanted to purchase a new controller, that would be my suggestion.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I cannot imagine there would be much of an issue with using said software. But support really is your best bet.

ok, i did make request to support, hope they clarify this

3 minutes ago, xubile said:

or you can run warframe with steam using BIG MODE and let steam adjust the controller for you.

yeah, I have managed to setup it with steam, but there is another problem - right stick way too sensitive, can't adjust it in game or steam, contrary x360ce works rly well 

5 minutes ago, Atekron said:

yeah, I have managed to setup it with steam, but there is another problem - right stick way too sensitive, can't adjust it in game or steam, contrary x360ce works rly well 

been using playstation-ish esque chinese controller for dragon dogma game about a year back,  had the sensitivity problem,

this guide helps me on sorting that,

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233610/discussions/0/143388408896407228/#c135507548121699531