Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Plains of Eidolon's Compass is backwards.

DeMonkey

I've mentioned this in passing before now, but Cetus is simply not the sourthern point of the map, regardless of what the Compass says.

Sc6UviA.jpg

As you can see in the above image, I'm looking East (according to the compass). However it's currently sunset in Warframe. The Sun does not set in the East, it sets in the West.

So either the planet's spin has completely reversed (which afaik is not something that can theoretically happen in such a way that the planet would remain in a similar state) or the compass is wrong.

Occam's Razor says it's the latter.

I'd suggest either changing the Compass or rotating the skybox 180 degrees so that the sun rises and sets in the correct place.

Edited by DeMonkey

*Dialing Devs* "Hello? Did anyone ever told you sun always sets in the East?"

This is really funny finding and I am actually both surprised that someone noticed and shocked it's even happening. Really, Sun should set in the East, Japan is not called 'Land of the Raising Sun' for nothing. Also, poor Galileo Galilei.

Dear Devs, please fix it. It's funny and shocking but this is probably mistake on your part. It's understandable since there was a lot of work and difficulties around Plains, but this has to be fixed.

Edited by CoreXCZ

3 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

because everyone expects north to be "up" when looking at the map.

Indeed, it's certainly convenient to be consistent with other maps.

It's just a shame that basic geography had to take a back seat for a bit of convenience...

I've mentioned this a few times after PoE came out. Everyone mentions that the top of the map is north and cetus is in the south, meaning sun rises in the west and sets in the east. But thats factually incorrect about earth. Unless the sentients / orokin screwed earth up and completely made the earth spin clockwise instead of counter clockwise.

5 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

Unless the sentients / orokin screwed earth up and completely made the earth spin clockwise instead of counter clockwise.

The energy and force required to do that would probably change the entire shape of the Earth.

I mean, sure, it is the future and anything can happen, but like... why would they? There's really no purpose to changing the spin direction, it would be easier to give the Earth a push in it's current direction to build it's speed back up again.

Maybe we'll get some lore one day that says that this is actually Earth 2, and it was artificially created after the War and that's why it's different, at the very bottom in small writing will be ''suck it DeMonkey''.

Edited by DeMonkey