Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star + Infested Invasions

Grimmstyler

How would that work?

Fomorian and Razorbacks work because the players have to side with either Grineer or Corpus - and each time the invading side wins they add a vote for the Fomorian/Razorback event (depending on what they chose). That is to say, if you help the Grineer invade a Corpus tileset, you speed up the Fomorian event (the logics is that the Grineer invade the tileset, take a bunch of resources, and commit the stolen resources to a Fomorian).

But the infested never win as an invading side. In the current status, the Infested will never occupy a node. How would they then fuel the Plague Star counter? Just by invading and existing?

26 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

How would that work?

Fomorian and Razorbacks work because the players have to side with either Grineer or Corpus - and each time the invading side wins they add a vote for the Fomorian/Razorback event (depending on what they chose). That is to say, if you help the Grineer invade a Corpus tileset, you speed up the Fomorian event (the logics is that the Grineer invade the tileset, take a bunch of resources, and commit the stolen resources to a Fomorian).

But the infested never win as an invading side. In the current status, the Infested will never occupy a node. How would they then fuel the Plague Star counter? Just by invading and existing?

it would be more of countdown progress instead of going up. Once it hits zero plague star would start up.
tho raises the question on if it will be like the other player started, would it change the time limit to progress % based or what

Just now, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

it would be more of countdown progress instead of going up. Once it hits zero plague star would start up.

A meaningless and insubstantial distinction. I asked what is going to make the countdown move. Whether it goes up or down is extremely irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

A meaningless and insubstantial distinction. I asked what is going to make the countdown move. Whether it goes up or down is extremely irrelevant.

once the infested invasion is over it would go down an cause the even to start up when the progress hit 0
it pretty much what you would expect if  DE did do this 

Just now, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

once the infested invasion is over it would go down an cause the even to start up when the progress hit 0
it pretty much what you would expect if  DE did do this 

At this point it's just a meaningless gimmick.

If DE randomly generates five invasions today, then the counter will go down by five. It is impossible that it doesn't. DE might as well just add five to the countdown without tying it to our actions.

Razorback and Fomorian, as they are today, rely on player choice and awareness to speed them up or not. What you say is just a boring RNG masked as a countdown.

@Dhrekr @(XB1)ShadowBlood89

I don't know how Invasion Bonus Missions (Razorback / Formorian) come about.. My assumption is each completed mission gets put in a % complete tank.. Once that % is filled the event kicks off.. I'm assuming it's possible a Razorback and Formorian event can happen at the same time.. So with that logic Plague Star could be the same..

55 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

How would that work?

For Plague Star not having a higher chance at kicking off due to opposition with Grineer and Corpus (cause you can only choose 1), I'd imagine it would have to do something with Phorid Assassinations..  

Since a Meteor crashes outside of Cetus in a Plague Star Event.. It would make sense that Sabotage missions would give +2 to the % tank to kick off event.. Blowing a piece of planet with Infested still attached to Earth.. 🤣 Plague Star should have been a ship that crashed into Cetus with Infested onboard.. Kinda like the movie Alien 👽

Just now, Grimmstyler said:

I don't know how Invasion Bonus Missions (Razorback / Formorian) come about.. My assumption is each completed mission gets put in a % complete tank.. Once that % is filled the event kicks off.. I'm assuming it's possible a Razorback and Formorian event can happen at the same time.. So with that logic Plague Star could be the same..

I'll... suggest... you read the wiki. I already explained how Razorback/Fomorians come about, and apparently you still cling to your "assumptions", so I'll just say that the wiki has all the details if you don't believe me.

My point is that Razorback/Fomorians speed relies on player choice and awareness. Fighting the Infested and Phorid does not, as there is no choice to be made. That makes it really boring and uninteresting, in my eyes.

If a ship was used, instead of a meteor.. It could also be a starting point to add new Infested Invasions.. And new Infested Enemies related to Grineer or Mutalist Alad V higher genetic Infested engineering ..

The Event could be blowing up the ship.. Optional searching the ship for the room that releases the Hemocyte which you face Outside.. Just 1 Hemocyte maybe?

Edited by Grimmstyler

34 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

If a ship was used, instead of a meteor.. It could also be a starting point to add new Infested Invasions.. And new Infested Enemies related to Grineer or Mutalist Alad V higher genetic Infested engineering ..

The Event could be blowing up the ship.. Optional searching the ship for the room that releases the Hemocyte which you face Outside.. Just 1 Hemocyte maybe?

Yea.. And the new enemies can go around humping everything for a way to reproduce.. Having a little infested maggots pop out of thier hosts chest (like alien)..

There's already mass murder.. Might as well add rape.. 🤣