Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion about Warlord Clan Donation System and Resource Tracking

(PSN)Hikuro-93

Hello fellow Tenno and DE,

As some of you may know if a Clan Member has a decorator title/permissions he can donate only from the clan vault or from his personal inventory if, and only if, there's nothing of that resource in the clan's vault.

Egg. If the clan has 0 Oxium I can donate my own. If the clan has 1223 Nanospores I'll have to either wait for someone to donate the spores or take them out of the clan's vault.

Since this is the "Year of the Clan", per DE, is it possible a rework that fixes this anytime soon? I mean, I have privileges for decorating, and permission to go crazy by my Warlord, but I really hate the thought of using the clan's resources when I'm myself a veteran with large stockpiles to spend on decoration experiments to make my clan cooler.

On another topic I'd like to add another somewhat additional topic to this. The ability to track player's donations individually. I mean see [who] donated [how much] of [resource] for a given [Decoration/weapon]. I guess it'd be really heavy on the servers, and I can't speak much about that, so I just wanted to put that thought out here. 

This is for the community as well, since I'd like other Tenno's toughts on this simple request/fix, and even show DE if it's really wanted or not.

Best slaughters to everyone!

How? I'd gladly donate if we had a direct resource donation system, like with credits. Donating towards stuff to destroy it is just the current lazy, limiting and time consuming option, and what I said avoids a completely unnecessary problem. 

So instead of going for complicated workarounds to lazy stuff, why not fix them and make them simpler, eh?

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

On another topic I'd like to add another somewhat additional topic to this. The ability to track player's donations individually. I mean see [who] donated [how much] of [resource] for a given [Decoration/weapon]. I guess it'd be really heavy on the servers, and I can't speak much about that, so I just wanted to put that thought out here. 

Why, what is the benefit of this? Why does it matter if I put 10% or 100% of the resource into something? You can already track overall contributions per clan member.

I would like a way for everyone in a clan to donate to the vault as they see fit. You currently need the “treasurer” role to use vault items. If you do not want to use them, lose that role. 

Just now, krc473 said:

Why, what is the benefit of this? Why does it matter if I put 10% or 100% of the resource into something? You can already track overall contributions per clan member.

The benefit of this is seeing dedication over time. Don't ask me much about it, I said it'd be useful, and it really is, not that it'd be vital, as you assumed.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I would like a way for everyone in a clan to donate to the vault as they see fit. You currently need the “treasurer” role to use vault items. If you do not want to use them, lose that role. 

So, again, why a difficult workaround for a confirmed problem? And what'll I do if I actually need to use the vault? Not everyone is a clan warlord nor will I ask mine every other day to bother to change my roles as I see fit.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

So, again, why a difficult workaround for a confirmed problem? And what'll I do if I actually need to use the vault? Not everyone is a clan warlord nor will I ask mine every other day to bother to change my roles as I see fit.

Not once have I found a single issue with the system the way it is. If the vault runs out of resources, and a member does not want to use theirs, someone else puts them in. Implementing this would likely result in people mistakenly using their own resources, rather than the vault ones. I see no real issue with the current system. But I do not think adding the option to select between the vault and player resources is a bad idea. Let’s be honest, the vault system is in need of improvement. It feels like it was more or less just added and forgotten about.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

The benefit of this is seeing dedication over time

That is an unacceptable answer. I can already check total contributions of members - surely, this will show dedication too. Are you trying to tell me, the person that put millions of resources into the clan, but has recently been unable to add resources (other people get there first) is less dedicated? It sounds like a terrible idea, I cannot see any benefit at all to it. I mean, my clan has someone that goes through the effort of placing 90% of the decorations, making sure they all align and look good. Do I expect him to put resources into them too? No. So, by your system, this would show no dedication. Because he contributed no resources/very limited.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Not once have I found a single issue with the system the way it is. If the vault runs out of resources, and a member does not want to use theirs, someone else puts them in. Implementing this would likely result in people mistakenly using their own resources, rather than the vault ones. I see no real issue with the current system. But I do not think adding the option to select between the vault and player resources is a bad idea. Let’s be honest, the vault system is in need of improvement. It feels like it was more or less just added and forgotten about.

I'll do you one better. How about giving people the option? That style suits you? Great for you. But don't assume it's good for everyone else.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That is an unacceptable answer. I can already check total contributions of members - surely, this will show dedication too. Are you trying to tell me, the person that put millions of resources into the clan, but has recently been unable to add resources (other people get there first) is less dedicated? It sounds like a terrible idea, I cannot see any benefit at all to it. I mean, my clan has someone that goes through the effort of placing 90% of the decorations, making sure they all align and look good. Do I expect him to put resources into them too? No. So, by your system, this would show no dedication. Because he contributed no resources/very limited.

Now "that" yes, is an unacceptable answer. As you put it, "total contributions", and just plainly ignored "over time" to suit you best. And it's not about a matter of the quantity alone. Let's say I want to make a contest about who donated more for specific items at a specific room, as an incentive for them to contribute to make the clan greater, and reward winners. It'd be useful to know who won. And once again, you just want to deprive others others of quality of life and options on stuff that wouldn't really affect you.

You don't want to use the vault? Good for you. You do want to use the vault? Also, good for you. You only need the total contributions? Again, good for you. I'm not demanding this, I am stating my opinion, giving my feedback on this because I disagree with it. If DE implemented this it wouldn't harm you one bit, and yet here you are trying to prevent QoL for others. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

And once again, you just want to deprive others others of quality of life and options on stuff that wouldn't really affect you.

If DE implemented this it wouldn't harm you one bit, and yet here you are trying to prevent QoL for others. 

Can you highlight where I say DE should not implement any of this?

On the vaulted resources, I said “I do not think it’s a bad idea”.

On the per item contributions, I said “I think it’s a terrible idea. And that I see no benefit to it”. This one would probably have a significant impact on servers though.

Just because I think something is a terrible idea, or pointless does not mean I am against DE implementing it. DE can implement whatever they want. 

Let's say I want to make a contest about who donated more for specific items at a specific room, as an incentive for them to contribute to make the clan greater, and reward winners.

That is a much better answer to my question. That is a valid reason for it. Viewing “dedication over time” is not a good reason. Because resource contributions alone are not a valid measure of dedication (in my view). I have run competitions like this on the current system just fine. But it would have been easier to just talk to the room console and it tell me what people had added.