Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Or Hek?

Krirub

Question

Sobek or Hek?

I want to use a shotgun but i don't know which one is better, the Sobek does less damage but can shoot 20 times in a row without reloading. But the reload speed is VERY slow, 4 seconds. The Hek has only 4 bullets in the magazine but the reload time is 2 seconds, which is great. BUT the Sobek has a higher firing rate, 2.5, so maybe the Sobek still does more damage than Hek? I don't know.

Help me pls :D

13 answers to this question

Personally I like Boar/Sobek more than Hek/Strun due to the automatic fire. The damage per bullet/all ammo and possible end-damage  is probably higher on the singles but stepping into a room and just blasting away with rapid shotgun fire is awesome. Fire rate mods increases this feeling of joy even more. You will run out of ammo though so that is something you will need to think about if you choose auto.

Can't tell which is better for endgame in general but I feel like i kill more enemies with Sobek/Boar than I do with Hek/Strun.

Hek does 40% more damage per shot. Pick Hek if you like one shoting most of the stuff in the game. Pick Sobek if you prefer fullauto fire.

If you using Volt as main, take Hek. Volt's shield removes damage falloff from shotguns, thus thanks to Hek's tight pellet cone you can use it to snipe like in the past before damage falloff was introduced.

Sobek or Hek?

I want to use a shotgun but i don't know which one is better, the Sobek does less damage but can shoot 20 times in a row without reloading. But the reload speed is VERY slow, 4 seconds. The Hek has only 4 bullets in the magazine but the reload time is 2 seconds, which is great. BUT the Sobek has a higher firing rate, 2.5, so maybe the Sobek still does more damage than Hek? I don't know.

Help me pls :D

I guarantee the Sobek will be able to one shot like the Hek, but seriously you think the Hek can do this..

?

Tossup. Personally I prefer the Hek because I never need an ammo mod, or to pay attention to ammo, while I have found I've run OOA occasionally on the Sobek - not due to the lesser dmg/shot, but actually due to holding the trigger too long or completely missing shots made in haste.

Also the Hek has a tighter spread, making headshots easier on heavies.

I have 7 mods equipped, none are ammo mods.  At really high waves in defense ammo starts to become an issue.  Other than that I haven't had ammo issues in any other mission including Solo T3 exterminate.  I always carry 3 ammo boxes but I rarely have to use them. 

Only in defense do I generally use 1 ammo box between 15 and 20.  I think I will have to use the ammo mod if I want to do many waves in a high lvl defense.