The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Five Simple Suggestions to Make Warframe Better

Mad5cout

35 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

wouldn't adding #1 break matchmaking since most people would just pick the option to not a be a host?

No.  I would rather be a host because that means no lag.  On the other hand, when I enter a game that is laggy AF and mention it, usually the host says "Yeah sorry I have bad internet" or something to that effect.  In other words, they KNOW they shouldn't be hosting but have no recourse to make it so they don't.  They want to play MP games and are just at the mercy of the matchmaking system (which is not stellar) and all of us pay for it.  I am quite certain that folks like this would willingly opt out of hosting to make theirs and others experience more enjoyable.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Yetchii said:

#2.. better yet, add a "Make Primary syndicate" option into the syndicate menu on our ships, like they have for when you want to switch Focus, so that you can gain rep for that syndicate without having to put a sigil onto anything.

I actually like this a lot.  To do this, the % rep bonus would have to be uncoupled from the sigils and merely chained to what rank you are in the particular syndicate you are selecting as your primary.  And that would actually be awesome because then you could just use the syndicate sigil rewards as fashion frame items.  I personally like how certain sigils look with certain frames but can't change them out because it would screw my syndicates up.  Yours is a very elegant solution that actually adds possibilities to the game.

8 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

All open squads means is how many squads there are in total that have an opening in them, it doesnt calculate if those groups have completed an objective or not. Most of those are likely already in-mission and have completed an objective, locking out people joining.

I figured as much that the game probably doesn't want you to join squads that have completed the mission but I've had players join my game when I was literally a step away from extraction,  sometimes I wait but usually I'm bullet jumping towards the exit and I don't notice the message in time to stop and wait, this proves that DE needs to take a peek at their MM system again.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I figured as much that the game probably doesn't want you to join squads that have completed the mission but I've had players join my game when I was literally a step away from extraction,  sometimes I wait but usually I'm bullet jumping towards the exit and I don't notice the message in time to stop and wait, this proves that DE needs to take a peek at their MM system again.

Depends on what mission type it is, as different mission types have different cutoff points. Also it depends when the player begins joining the mission, as during initial load in it doesn't notify the host that someone is joining, only after the load-in progresses farther. If they load slowly it could prolong when they join farther, allowing you to complete the objective during their load. This is what I have noticed from my experience, at least.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Yetchii said:

#2.. better yet, add a "Make Primary syndicate" option into the syndicate menu on our ships, like they have for when you want to switch Focus, so that you can gain rep for that syndicate without having to put a sigil onto anything.

I like this, it's like the arcane which used to be tied to cosmetics.  This let's your sigils be cosmetic, and your syndicate be your syndicate.  Good solution.

Basically, all of these are great QOL changes I can get behind except the eidolon lure thing. Mind, I still agree with that suggestion somewhat, but if they follow the player exactly and can't be dropped on a spot, it changes the dynamic of the fight, removing a certain element of unwanted control from the player to streamline things.

I think it would be great if lures didn't have to be managed the way they are, as it means you need a healer around for artificial reasons, and as mentioned, they just get in the way all the time and don't even work half the time anyway, but that's the only suggestion in this topic that actually has game balance and design implications.

3 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Basically, all of these are great QOL changes I can get behind except the eidolon lure thing. Mind, I still agree with that suggestion somewhat, but if they follow the player exactly and can't be dropped on a spot, it changes the dynamic of the fight, removing a certain element of unwanted control from the player to streamline things.

I think it would be great if lures didn't have to be managed the way they are, as it means you need a healer around for artificial reasons, and as mentioned, they just get in the way all the time and don't even work half the time anyway, but that's the only suggestion in this topic that actually has game balance and design implications.

My imagining of this is that they would slowly drift behind the player when stationary but could still be faced toward and interacted with.  Regardless what the solution is, the main thing is that they are pretty annoying the way they currently function and, IMO, need an overhaul.  The sentinel suggestion was my attempt at an easy fix because the scripting already exists and would simply need to be applied to the lures.  There might be better ways of dealing with this long term.

Edited by Mad5cout