Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sacrifice - My guess. Possible spoilers.

(PSN)Yetchii

A random idea just popped into my mind of what The Sacrifice is going to be about, so I'll keep it short and.. possible spoilers ahead:

Ok, so.. The trailer shows Umbra on Lua, so the quest most likely takes place there. Lua spy missions have time travel and there seems to be an executioner room on Lua (the room where that skull hologram appears) so it's possibly the place where Margulis got executed. Lotus looks like Margulis and Ballas took her during The Apostasy prologue, right? So.. 

What if Ballas intends to go back in time with Lotus and have her be sacrificed by the council in Margulis's place? Lotus took on the appearance of Margulis because she knew Margulis loved us and wanted to keep that feeling with us. She feels that us having the real thing is what we would want more, so she lets it happen.. "If you could trade, would you? Surely, but all miracles require sacrifice. For their life - yours." She trades her life for Margulis. Her Sacrifice, for us.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Yetchii said:

A random idea just popped into my mind of what The Sacrifice is going to be about, so I'll keep it short and.. possible spoilers ahead:

Ok, so.. The trailer shows Umbra on Lua, so the quest most likely takes place there. Lua spy missions have time travel and there seems to be an executioner room on Lua (the room where that skull hologram appears) so it's possibly the place where Margulis got executed. Lotus looks like Margulis and Ballas took her during The Apostasy prologue, right? So.. 

What if Ballas intends to go back in time with Lotus and have her be sacrificed by the council in Margulis's place? Lotus took on the appearance of Margulis because she knew Margulis loved us and wanted to keep that feeling with us. She feels that us having the real thing is what we would want more, so she lets it happen.. "If you could trade, would you? Surely, but all miracles require sacrifice. For their life - yours." She trades her life for Margulis. Her Sacrifice, for us.

Can ballas even time travel though? His appearance still surprised me to begin with.

2 hours ago, Vilemyre said:

Can ballas even time travel though? His appearance still surprised me to begin with.

Lua spy mission has those portals that let you travel through time, he just needs to use them.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

@LazerSkink it's close enough, drink.

@OP There's a whole Umbra megathread in the Discussion Subforum.

The Sacrifice = Umbra?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Yetchii said:

Lua spy mission has those portals that let you travel through time, he just needs to use them.

Oh sweet jesus we could rewrite history that sounds scary to think about

Edited by Vilemyre