Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a serious problem.

CrunchyCloud

Just now, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

Exactly! As I've been saying, at the very least chat mods and guides need to be retrained by someone. I feel it is a necessity that they are held to a higher standard. I've referenced this many times, but a "PR voice" could solve a lot of this, since the main problem is, well, emotion. Emotional ties cloud judgement, especially when that feeling is anger/contempt. The mods on the forums are a great example of how things should be handled. No anger, no happiness, just bam, rules.

Agreed, this does stem from a major lack of training and accountability. 

19 minutes ago, XxXNob0dyXxX said:

How about give players the ability to filter out words they find offensive and then you wouldn’t need mods at all?

On another note, I don’t understand people saying new players will leave when they see this controversy. They come here for the appealing aesthetic and the vast amount of content in the game. In my opinion it’s pretty arrogant to say they’ll leave because of an in-game chat system.

Honestly a filter list would just be better. Heck you can use quotes like "this" so that any form of the word to manipulate people's filters would not get passed anyway and hide the emssage from said user regardless.

Moderation doesn't work when the moderators will have a biase. Mods in thsi thread for example have been completely unbaised about this thread with their biase about the video being their personal biase and not having it affect warframe. Thats how you moderate. I've had posts deleted i've made by them because they've strayed off topic and thats good thats how it should be.

And thats why giving moderaton powers to those who may have a biased against a demographic may be a really REALLY bad decision to do for any company let alone a game dev.

Edited by Vilemyre

Let me recap to how this situation could be resolved properly;

1. Give the player a proper warning before giving a ban. 15-30 minutes chat ban for a first warning sounds really fair to me.
  2. Fair and proper moderation; one week ban for the first offense is highly excessive, come on.
  3. A clear ruleset and a list of bannable words. Some player could be oblivious about which the words you considered offensive, e.g I think the word "trap" is fairly inoffensive, since we have a different views on that, and getting banned over something that you are oblivious at is just ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Sitchrea said:

Agreed, this does stem from a major lack of training and accountability. 

A lot of things could've gone differently if they had put on a PR voice, a great example is endogate. Instead of saying that "no one" is being banned and to "stop acting like idiots" they had said. "I've heard reports that people are being banned for trading in shards for endo. I can neither confirm nor deny this until official word is given by DE themselves, but I would play it safe and not do it just in case." 

As you can tell, it's calm and collected and does not give off any negative or positive connotation. 

4 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

And thats why giving moderaton powers to those who may have a biased against a dmeogrpahic may be a really REALLY bad decision to do for any company let alone a game dev.

And the silence on this particular subject is unsettling, even though addressing it might be difficult for them. Though, this is all a result of DE’s decision making, and as I said before, they, in addition to the mods, should be accountable.

Just now, LazerSkink said:

And the silence on this particular subject is unsettling, even though addressing it might be difficult for them. Though, this is all a result of DE’s decision making, and as I said before, they, in addition to the mods, should be accountable.

^Agreed

Just now, CelestialStorm said:

Love how so many of these guys immediately jumped to complaining "hurr durr pplz complain about kickbot cuz they make nezha memes xdd" instead of actually watching the video, which addresses issues the game currently has.

To be fair, a few threads got merged into this one that were off topic, presumably on accident.

Love how so many of these guys immediately jumped to complaining "hurr durr pplz complain about kickbot cuz they make nezha memes xdd" instead of actually watching the video, which addresses issues the game currently has.

To be fair most threads have been that and people attempted to derail this one into that in hopes to get it deleted.

As for me, I was actually posting in a different thread until it got merged into this because I get banned by that, and I was frustrated since the support doesn't really help and idk where should I vent my frustration.

1 minute ago, CelestialStorm said:

I don’t necessarily blame some of those replies because of just how loaded the forums are with those exact type of threads daily.

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

When will people learn. Another day, another stupid thread.

Posting in GD... Check.

Posting about something you're ignorant of... check. 

Providing little information, just regurgitating other people's points.... check. 

Making demands.... check.

Gross hyperbole.... check

Ohhh baby, a penta kill.

I agree that OP was abrasive, but the video, like, actually made good points. It's a long watch, but it's pretty thorough 

7 minutes ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

I agree that OP was abrasive, but the video, like, actually made good points. It's a long watch, but it's pretty thorough 

There really should have been or be a synopsis of the video.  I had to watch 7-8 minutes of Bull$#/7 before a relevant point was made.  I think the whole video could have been much shorter or synopsis be added to the opening post just to make it easier on everyone.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

There really should have been or be a synopsis of the video.  I had to watch 7-8 minutes of Bull$#/7 before a relevant point was made.  I think the whole video could have been much shorter or synopsis be added to the opening post just to make it easier on everyone.  

I'm trying to get ahold of the author of this vid so he can make a summarized version. Hopefully that'll be easier on people wanting to know whats happening.

So I've sent a support ticket regarding of what happened with my account and this is what I've got.

1 week ban is really severe for a really mild and rather harmless banter but DE just expect me to put up with what happened to me.

I'm really disappointed that I've ever spend money on this game. The community was great the first time I've jumped into this game, but after this, I wasn't so sure anymore.
ac580eecc0.png

Edited by Crucafix

17 minutes ago, Crucafix said:

So I've sent a support ticket regarding of what happened with my account and this is what I've got.

1 week ban is really severe for a really mild and rather harmless banter but DE just expect me to put up with what happened to me.

I'm really disappointed that I've ever spend money on this game. The community was great the first time I've jumped into this game, but after this, I wasn't so sure anymore.
ac580eecc0.png

There are some things in this reply that are problematic.  

First that they don't get directly involved.  This is a problem for those instances of false positives.  (Not that your case is False positive)

Second, why send you to the forums when every forum mod has been saying since forever that these issues go to support.  

This doesn't make sense unless he's saying that to post here to hopefully get the trigger words changed.  It's a long stretch even then.  So why give this conflicting wording which could lead to getting bounced back and forth.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

First that they don't get directly involved.  This is a problem for those instances of false positives.  (Not that your case is False positive)

Second, why send you to the forums when every forum mod has been saying since forever that these issues go to support.  

This doesn't make sense unless he's saying that to post here to hopefully get the trigger words changed.  It's a long stretch even then.  So why give this conflicting wording which could lead to getting bounced back and forth.  

My case isn't really false positives but it was extremely excessive since that I've got a one week ban, but yeah aside from that I agree with you.

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

First that they don't get directly involved.  This is a problem for those instances of false positives.

Okay, that's just weird. I understand it's not exactly in line with the topic at hand, but I'm really confused why the forum mods refer people to support, when suddenly support is now referring people to the forums.

Edited by LazerSkink

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Okay, that's just weird. I understand it's not exactly in line with the topic at hand, but I'm really confused why the forum mods refer people to support, when suddenly support is now referring people to the forums.

I had to read it several times myself just to make sure I was reading it right the first three times.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

29 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

^This

I have no idea what we're supposed to do, because now support has led us in a circle? 

Also, if Chat Moderators have control over things DE doesn't, such as "temporary" punishments... Who holds the power, here?