Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing misions

IamKayrox

This is my opinion, feel free to write yours.

I don't even know where to start, so I will go right to the point.

Archwing missions are frustrating, annoying and feel impossible.

Space mission on Corpus ships are a complete mess, sometimes you will get really close spaces where navigation at high speed feel impossible without crashing all over the place which makes archwing rush missions hell itself. In other hand, pursuits are really annoying, is really frustrating having to pursue a ship at max speed while shooting small targets while the ships just suddenly changes direction, while a bunch of drones is firing at you applying blast and freeze procs while the ship itself is firing at you with its turrets, how is that even possible?

Submersible missions take away the little fun that you can have with the archwing, the speed movement feels really slow, even slower that going on foot on the rest of the mission and are really close spaces, making not just maneuvering really painful but also clipping everywhere, blocking all the vision with the character and again, a lot of guys shooting at you from everywhere applying blast procs on you.

All these thing that I mentioned above are a problem because they break the flow of the gameplay. Extermination missions on open space are fun because nothing breaks the flow even interception missions don't break the flow like the ones above. No bumping into walls, not having to perform high precision actions at high speed with a lot of pressure, not having to suddenly slow down. You just flow.

Other problem is the archwing not been able to get upside down without having to make a half loop on space (if you are using the experimental controls, if not is imposible) or not being able to do it at all under water (with or without the experimental controls). If you look at almost any game that features any kind of flying vehicle, flying upside down its not a problem, you press a key, you pitch to one side, its cool, it feels right and can be pretty handy in a lot of situations.

Also the markers for navigation are really confusing, take their time to update and sometimes are misleading, they seem to point in one direction which leads you to a dead end or a tunnel to other tile while instead is pointing at the end of a cave or tunnel that is behind the wall of the dead end or is parallel to the other tile. (All this problems with the markers are in general, not just with the archwing, the difference is the difficulty on the navigation)

Edit: also after a few tries this happend:

WARFRAME_04_06_2018_4_09_38.png

The courier got stuck inside some debris, never got out.

Edited by IamKayrox

vor einer Stunde schrieb IamKayrox:

Space mission on Corpus ships are a complete mess, sometimes you will get really close spaces where navigation at high speed feel impossible without crashing all over the place which makes archwing rush missions hell itself.

(...)

Submersible missions take away the little fun that you can have with the archwing, the speed movement feels really slow, (...)

So, what is it now???

The current speed it to fast, the slower speed is to slow...

So what is it now?

Just now, bad4youLT said:

1) get amesha, itzal and grattler

2) potatoe and max amesha, itzal and grattler

3) complain about archwing beeing to easy

Is not just about hard or easy, is also about fun.

There are a lot of technical issues with the IA (I'm uploading a video to show it right now)

That doesn't solve the rush mission problem neither the submersible mission that concerns movement and camera positioning

What you say requires a lot of time and resource, at least for me, without spending platinum, this is because the lack of connection between my progress with warframes and normal weapons and the archwing, archweapon and archmelee, you have to divide the amount of resources between archwing equipment and warframe equipment halving your progress speed. Archwing missions aren't exclusive to end game players, there are a few of them spread in the star chart and they escalate really quick compared to other missions and the amount of resources that you have to pull in order to enhance the archthings is not worth a few missions, this is aggravated when you aren't an end game player where resources are mostly needed in warframes and weapons in order to progress.

16 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

So, what is it now???

The current speed it to fast, the slower speed is to slow...

So what is it now?

The problem in space missions is not the speed is the precision required. The annoying thing in underwater missions is how slow it is.

So, here it is:

After 9 minutes trying to bring down the courier I decided to start recording because the ship was going through debris and meteors, while starting to record I noticed that the ship was flying around regardless if I was actually trying to chase it so I decided to stay still and what would happend and then the ship got stuck. The IA is broken. In the end is more convenient just follow the ship until it start flying in circles, then just stay still and wait until it gets stuck then shut it down.

I like the melee in archwing. Enough to make me enjoy the mode as a whole. Prisma Veritux and spamming melee feels like I'm a teleporting ninja with Ash's 4 but in space. Getting better gears really help the archwing experience. Especially with something like the Fluctus and Grattler. I agree though Pursuit game mods needs a looking but pretty happy with the others.  

For new players, Archwing missions give a shockingly bad impression. The controls are clunky, the objective design is questionable, the camera feels floaty and the collision detection is buggy. The submersible is even worse. It's a game mode that's a great idea on paper, but the execution feels rushed & unpolished. 

Veterans are probably used to it and they have mastered the controls, so they don't care as much. But please let's be real: "Pursuit" is just a bad mission. Also: Getting better gear for Archwing (Amesha, Fluctus) is not exactly easy or fast.

Whenever I see an Archwing mission on the starchart, I just pray I'll find people in public. Otherwise it's a nope.

Suffice to say that Archwing would be a lot more fun if you could stop instantly, I get it simulates space but a super advanced flight system with inbuilt life support not having auto stabilisers? (Maybe a good use of that otherwise unusable 5th ability while in Archwing)