Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaws in Conclave

(PSN)Grimsley_x

I believe zaws in conclave are too overpowered, I have seen many players just running around with a dagger zaw and that's all they use, it one shots people. All they do is do a ground slam to stun and the minute you get up 1 shot with their zaw and you're dead. Has anyone else had these problems running into zaws in conclave? Are they balanced?

On console zaws are probably more dangerous because aiming is more difficult, unlike PC where aiming pretty much rules over melee except in narrow+short halls.

There are ways to keep from being knocked down...and it usually has something to do with staying near a wall or using powers.

Regardless of the misnomer about the 1-shot (because they ground-slam, which at least makes this a 2-shot), I feel like the best route to balancing them isn't to nerf them, but to make other things equally as powerful.  I want to feel powerful in PvP, the same way I feel powerful in PvE.  I would also like 'winning' to be based around some other objective than killing the most...and not CTF.

Well, Zaw Nikana is the ONLY nikana that actually get kills. And it's somewhat balanced because in order to get two-shot damage you need to wield a 0.6 speed nikana, which is a snail attack speed and easily dodgeable. The other nikanas are nigh useless wet noodles.

21 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Well, Zaw Nikana is the ONLY nikana that actually get kills.

Not really
Edit: Oh, you meant "Only Nikana". Sleepy me thought "Only zaw". And now I can't delete 😄

Spoiler

Here's some ingame stats of some zaws I've been observing. I don't know what to make of it since I'm not a meele expert. But maybe relevant to discussion. Those hammer zaws tho.

Spoiler

DaiiZJQ.png

Edited by Triplinster

hace 6 horas, Triplinster dijo:

Not really
Edit: Oh, you meant "Only Nikana". Sleepy me thought "Only zaw". And now I can't delete 😄

Yes, only nikanas. You can easily make the comparison. Try to fight a match with a Nikana prime only, and see how many kills you get vs how much you die trying. Then compare to a Zaw Nikana and you see a big spike. Now, you could make a case of Zaws being overpowered anyway, but then you use other weapons that aren't Zaws, and the kill vs death ratio is similar to Zaw Nikana. So basically a custom made Zaw Nikana isn't overpowered, is in the place Nikanas should be to begin with. My Loadouts are all Melee-only, with Ash (a frame that has zero offensive abilities worth using) so I pretty much rely entirely on my melee. My loadous are: Zaw Nikana (formerly Dragon Nikana), Fang Prime, Jat Kittag, Venka Prime, Sigma&Octanis, Kogake, Guandao, Shaku, Karyst and Dakra Prime. All of them have similar kill v death ratio of 1v1.5 on average, all nikanas used to have that, until they were overnerfed, now the ratio is 1v10 (not missing a dot there). Zaw Nikanas? 1v1.5