Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconsistent Physics in Dojo Architect Modes.

Voidforged

Both the Building-Mode and the Timed-Mode have different rules for what is and is not applied in terms of velocity enhancement, but this happens even with the base Warframe not being enhanced with any mods or items. The physics here are inconsistent and objectively flawed. 

As an example; an unaltered frame in Build-Mode can bulletjump directly upwards for 20 units, but the moment they step into Timed-Mode, this same unaltered frame can only jump 15 units. This makes any precise measuring you do in Build-Mode completely irrelevant in Timed-Mode as the latter is not being treated as part of the Dojo, and is subject to entirely different laws.

I originally thought this bug was purely related to Arcane Menticide, and posted a bug report on that long ago. But recently I thought I'd try to build a course that didn't rely on Menticide, and found that the physics issue is actually far deeper and more flawed than I originally expected. There is no way to build a course that is challenging the absolute capabilities of Warframe movement without constantly toggling between Building-Mode, to place items, and Timed-Mode, to see if they are actually functioning correctly.

I created a video to record this issue in motion, and I'll include the original bug-report below.

People are still capable of building amazing things, but it is a real shame to see potential going unfulfilled. 

Thanks.

For players who are going to push to the limit, the physics in both modes should be the same.

Having to go back and forth from building to timed mode is quite time consuming when making courses that are going to be "demanding".

Hopefully this is a "simple" bug and is easily fixed 🙂

• 1 month later...

Well, it's disappointing that this hasn't gotten any attention.

There were some people in the youtube comments speculating that it might be an intentional buff in edit mode to make it easier to move about while building. Which is nice I guess but without the ability to turn it off it just makes it so much more tome consuming to actually test the builds.