Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator armor colors are dirty

GallyYum

So with exception to the Koppra Operator armor set (can't confirm on Saita Prime Suit, since I don't have), every armor set has a dirty gray look when you use light colors or pure white on them . Why is this? If I select pure white, I would expect armor to be pure white, not a 30-40% gray color. Its a bit frustrating because many of the face cosmetics don't have this issue, so if I want my face cosmetics to match my armor, I have no choice but to use Koppra only or make every color dark and desaturated.

DE wanted pretty much everything to have a darker gloom to it because back then like a year ago everyone used bright neon colors. That made me and a bunch of other people want to ralf. But people have their own taste and we can't judge eachother by that. I'm pretty sure DE noticed that and (correct me if I'm wrong) their working on adding a slider bar that will determine the darkness or lightness of the certain color domain (primary, secondary, etc.). 

Well there are also several major clipping issues between torso and leg combinations too. Vahd Greaves are almost impossible to mix and match with anything else without the torso textures clipping in and out all over the place with the leg textures, and since they are always different colors it's very obvious.

• 3 months later...

There are several different issues I want to request fixes for regarding operator appearances and colors, so I'll separate them out
y3jViHg.jpg

I am aware that things are meant to look like they have different textures, but it's not cool that so many different sets exhibit different colors. There's already a limit to how many things go with each other to a certain degree when there are different styles and aesthetics to their physical form, and I understand not everything can have the same texture (because that would be boring), but can the effective color output please be adjusted to be approximately the same across all of the different operator wearables? There are individual pieces from different operator outfit sets that could go well together if it weren't for the colors looking different from piece to piece.

Xr695Hw.jpgKlcCmbw.jpg

Next, there are strange clipping issues when mixing and matching certain outfit pieces, most notably the Vahd Greaves with almost any Cuirass/body-piece, and there's also combinations that leave gaps revealing the shiny-as-heck black under-suit, most notable with the Vahd Cuirass and many of the arms and leg pieces.

xqhzr5a.jpg

Also a really specific one, the Koppra Suit bulges/flares in a way that either looks like a smaller torso was attached to a larger lower body, or from the side, look similar to... Things...

7Zu7htU.jpg

Additionally, please make more metallics, such as the Koppra Leggings and the Varida Suit respect the Lining color channel instead of being an in-alterable silver. While it may be reasonably easy to make a look around them as inalterable silver, it also creates greater potential to clash with desired looks. Most people commit to one consistent metallic accent color, this makes lots of looks awkwardly silver and gold.

vxb0hLp.jpg

Please also make head/facial accessories' energy be derived from the Operator Energy Color channel instead of lumped in with the face secondary color option, for accessories such as the various Baro Ki'Teer ones. 

Thanks for fixing it for most of the face accessories in one of the recent updates/hotfixes. The Oculus still does it though, the lens still uses the accessory color channel instead of the Suit Energy for the emissive.

Note, these clipping and color mis-match issues seem to be fairly widespread among the various combinations of operator gear, more than the individual samples I've shown here. It feels horribly restrictive to be effectively confined to only staying within individual sets, instead of being able to mix and match anything with a relatively similar shape/form. Please check as many -or ideally all considering there are only 7 (+2 prime access) sets- of the operator outfit combinations for this color consistency, limited clipping, and perhaps as a fix for the undersuit showing between pieces, make it reflect one of the color channels or have it's own, and either reduce the shine, or have an option to have a more matte undersuit.

I know these are a lot of things, but operator fashion can feel pretty restrained by these things.

Edited by Grav_Starstrider
Face Accessory Emissives *mostly* fixed.

@GallyTurbo If you can re-title this topic to something along the lines of "Operator Outfit's inconsistent coloration, and other visual issues" this post might get a little bit more steam, and less of people ignoring it due to it sounding more like an opinion than an actually valid observation.

Edited by Grav_Starstrider
additional thoughts

• 1 month later...

The way I see it, it would be much better to have 3 colors for EACH piece of clothing and NOT 3 colors for the whole thing.
I like the setup I currently have, but I hate how the scarf, the suit and the boots have all to be the same color.e9MzXv4.png

And don't even get me started on these gloves... uvn4XNy.png?1