Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple dragon keys

(PSN)dst123daniel

Dear DE, 

Could it be made possible to equip multiple dragons keys at once please.

I imagine it wouldn't take too much coding to enable (not a programmer, just guessing) and also I doubt many players would use multiple dragon keys at once, but there are a couple of benifits,

firstly, those players who are unable/unwilling to play in a squad could still go into the orokin derelict and have at least a 50/50 chance at being able to open the dragon vault.

Secondly, there are often riven challenges that require having a dragon key equipped, if someone had different types of veiled rivens which needed different dragon keys equipped, it would still be possible to open them all in one mission (depending on the riven challenges, of course)

But my real reason for asking for this is the extra challenge factor. As a long time player, in a shadow clan of mostly long time players, we use to often do extra things to provide challenges and politely torment ourselves, such as the trials entirely randomised loadouts, we even did jv with random loadouts and hobbled dragon keys once (was seriously painful, but provided so much laughter through the chat party) 

If being able to use multiple dragon keys was possible, I know several members of our clan would delight in being able to torment ourselves with them, such as using hobbled and extinguished dragon keys whilst farming atlas! 

Last of all, as it would be entirely optional, there shouldn't be any negative impact on the player Base as a whole, so nobody should be upset.

Please, could this be considered, and a reply given when possible

36 minutes ago, (PS4)dst123daniel said:

there shouldn't be any negative impact on the player Base as a whole

How naive.

When a single person is after a corrupt mod, and they get it, what do they do with it? They keep it and use it. That's how I farmed all the corrupt mods I ended up using, and thus, never sold any of them. 

Years later whenever I end up doing a vault run, I never need the mod that someone else ended up needing. So what happens to that mod, wherein a duplicate was created from a squad? It gets sold for platinum. Platinum that comes from giving DE money, to create (not trade) that platinum into circulation.

By allowing a single player to use every key, you remove possible mods from the economy.

This not only affects the playerbase, but the in-game economy, and (however minute) DE's profit margins in the longrun.

No.

I don't agree with your statement at all. First of all, as you state, you sell your duplicate corrupted mods to other players, so the economy wouldn't be affected as there will still be others who would farm them to sell.

Secondly, being able to equip more than one dragon key would mean not having to wait for a full squad who want to do vault runs, and not having to keep recruiting again and again as someone in the 4 man squad leaves. 

If anything, being able to take all 4 dragon keys would mean more people are able to reliably farm the dragon vault faster by themselves, and sell those mods to others.

• 1 month later...

I don't want to desecrate or necro this post, but DiosGX has a more than fair point.

When you get what you want, you keep it to yourself.
If you already have it, you won't do any other vault runs to get the mods.
This not only does remove the 3 extra copies that a full squad would get per run(not counting yourself), but also kicks the co-op part of the game out through a closed window.
These extra mods, if at least one of the players of that squad already had it, would be traded for something else, usually Platinum.
Having less mods in circulation also would raise their cost as the search for it is higher than the offers in the market.

Not considering all of the above, think about carrying ALL of these debuffs at once, alone. Not everyone wants to make a full build just to get that one mod they need to finish their build, usually because some of the best builds REQUIRE at least one of these mods make certain warframe shine. Trinity is an example.

In short, being forced to play with a full squad for a 100% chance and each having their own single debuff is better for the game's economy than a single player fighting with 4 heavy debuffs in terms of efficiency.