The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank [what to do]

(XBOX)Apexsea2004

Mastery rank.

now, im only mastery rank six, but i have completed the war within quest line, and to be honest, im a bit sick of being such a low level player.

any ideas on how to rank up.

i know it has something to do with weapons and their rank, but what's the best way to go about it?

what weapons should i use, where should i go, what should i do?

You rank up your MR by levelling up weapons, frames, sentinels, and pets to max rank. 

Warframes, Pets, and Sentinels gives more affinity to your MR than weapons so you could focus on those. Other than that level any weapon you can craft to 30 as many as you can.

It helps if you can get into a decent dojo and have access to more weapons/

Edited by kambinks

ok, but i dont want to get every single warframe, pet and sentinel for my MR, could i sell and buy the same thing and rank it up, would that still work?

because if i can, i would just buy the Barton and max it, then sell it, then buy it again, and just keep dong that over and over and over again.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

ok, but i dont want to get every single warframe, pet and sentinel for my MR, could i sell and buy the same thing and rank it up, would that still work?

because if i can, i would just buy the Barton and max it, then sell it, then buy it again, and just keep dong that over and over and over again.

No, that won't work. Mastery is only gained once for each weapon, so you will need to get and level different weapons to reach higher Mastery Rank.

Edited by Gamma745

You can only get MR from an item once.

You get 100 MR per level for weapons, Archwing weapons and Sentinel weapons.

You get 200 MR per level for warframes, sentinels, pets, archwings.

For every node on the map your first completion of the objecive and successful extraction you get a predetermined amount of MR. 

For the first completion of each junction on the map you get 1000 MR.

There is more information on the wiki here : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

The easiest early way to farm MR is by crafting the blueprints off of the market and the ones from the dojo and then leveling them on a popular xp farming map the most popular is Hydron on Sedna. Older blueprints are the easiest to craft. Things that have MK1 in then or simply old recipes have easier crafting requirements. Just look at them on the market it shows the materials to craft them.

Edited by Ecliptix

It has been so long for me that I am not sure if the orokin derelict missions give MR for completion simply because they made changes to the star chart xp a couple times since I finished them. I would say I doubt it but it is possible. If you go under "My Profile" and stats it will show you Solar map progress and Solar map XP the XP is the MR you get from it. 

No problem as a quick note; sentinels come with a weapon when you craft them so the sentinel plus its weapon combined will give you 9k mastery(6k for the sentinel and 3k for the weapon) so they are quick ways to get mastery. 

To be honest , the weapon levelling is good to do because you might find one you really enjoy using. I've found a couple of great 'keepers' that I initially bought just for mr farming.

Speed running spy missions is also a good way to level gear up and get good at doing them. Just remember to have at least one strong weapon on you just in case it turns to an exterminate mission or Stalker shows up.

I believe each breed of Kubrow gives mr too.

Good luck. :)

Just as a side note, while it's true that you can't buy a new Braton and get mastery for taking it to level 30 if you've already done so, any variants of it count as a completely separate weapon. 

So the MK1 Braton, the Braton, the Braton Vandal and the Braton Prime will all give you full mastery when levelled. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)A weedy Girl said:

To be honest , the weapon levelling is good to do because you might find one you really enjoy using. I've found a couple of great 'keepers' that I initially bought just for mr farming.

Speed running spy missions is also a good way to level gear up and get good at doing them. Just remember to have at least one strong weapon on you just in case it turns to an exterminate mission or Stalker shows up.

I believe each breed of Kubrow gives mr too.

Good luck. 🙂

thank you, i have also heard that the spy mission in Senda is the best one for it.

and i cant wait to do it because when i do spy missions i go full operator when im in the stealth parts.

🙂 

7 hours ago, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

Just as a side note, while it's true that you can't buy a new Braton and get mastery for taking it to level 30 if you've already done so, any variants of it count as a completely separate weapon. 

So the MK1 Braton, the Braton, the Braton Vandal and the Braton Prime will all give you full mastery when levelled. 

thanks, do all weapons give the same MR? l\

18 hours ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

ok, but i dont want to get every single warframe, pet and sentinel for my MR [end excerpt]

This is why there are things called 'MR fodder' - stuff which is so incapable of killing higher level enemies that it is levelled and deleted, sometimes accidentally due to a lack of research into whether it's needed in another weapon's crafting requirements.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

thanks, do all weapons give the same MR? l\

Each weapon gives a fixed amount of Mastery xp, as is with everything else. If I was to get my hands on every Archwing and Syndicate weapon I haven't levelled yet, as well as Mesa, then Nyx and Mag Primes, and max all of those, I would be a little over MR 25.

Sure, the process will be long and painful when it comes to select Primes and other things due to their means of being obtained, but in the end, it is worth it in order to be ready for the unexpected high-mastery-requiring things, ranging from Nekros Prime's weapons, to Tiberon Prime, and Sybaris Prime to point out a few.

Melee 3.0 is imminent, get all the melee blueprints you can and start building as many as you can before the MR ranks on them change due to stat rebalancing - like with primary and secondary weapons.