The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where has everything gone? (ref resource markers)

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

I used to be able to mark stuff for people after I had picked it up.

Half decent stuff used to be green lines. Hey squad, come get this argon crystal!

Big gold lines for rare mods. Hey squad, come pick up this continuity!

But now it seems like you pick stuff up and it's gone forever.

Bug? Intended? Anyone know what's going on?

10 answers to this question

Press G / Marker and it still marks the spot, sometimes we pick up things from around us due to Vacuum so you may need to look around a bit usually the stuff are still in the same vicinity. Just spam G on the area where you picked up the thingy.

15 minutes ago, -Virtuoso- said:

Press G / Marker and it still marks the spot, sometimes we pick up things from around us due to Vacuum so you may need to look around a bit usually the stuff are still in the same vicinity. Just spam G on the area where you picked up the thingy.

He's a PS4/controller user. They do not typically use keyboards/mice due to hardware incompatibilities between those things.

That being said, OP: There's a few reasons why the resource markers disappear.

1: Everyone collected the loot and so it has disappeared. Or 2: The loot is around a corner or something.

A solution is to mark the general area and quickly type with an attachable keyboard module for your controller type (such a mini-keyboard should exist, given Xbox has their own variation) or tell them audibly that '[thing*] is here'. I do this myself if I can't mark it outright.

*Can range from Rage, to a Detonite injector from a rare crate, to Argon crystals, to Reactant.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Solution added.

2 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

I have the same problem as OP, all the markers disappear no matter what.

Then it's most likely the 1st possibility. Otherwise, mark the spot and say '[rare thing] here!', replace [rare thing] with whatever you found - be it a mod or resource.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Then it's most likely the 1st possibility. Otherwise, mark the spot and say '[rare thing] here!', replace [rare thing] with whatever you found - be it a mod or resource.

But it isn't either of those possibilities. I'm fairly certain this is a bug.

2 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Nah, the markers no longer exist.

I'm sure of it.

People too upset about the cursor to notice :sad:

Why isn't this a bigger issue than it is? Why isn't everyone up in arms? :sadcry:

We've had an update but it's still the same. If I'm lucky enough to spot something before my sentinel sucks it up then I can mark it easy enough but most of the time it's just screw you squad mates, hope you find the orikin cells yourself :sad:

Is there any word of this change from DE themselves?

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

12 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Why isn't this a bigger issue than it is? Why isn't everyone up in arms? :sadcry:

We've had an update but it's still the same. If I'm lucky enough to spot something before my sentinel sucks it up then I can mark it easy enough but most of the time it's just screw you squad mates, hope you find the orikin cells yourself :sad:

Is there any word of this change from DE themselves?

It's been fixed in the Sacrifice update.