Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't even kill a level 32 grineer, please help

MicrosoftAnarchy

Question

Hey guys, this is my first time on here. I was hoping someone would have and pointers for what to do with my Paris prime to kill things level 30 and up. I just have to say I'm not the best at farming since I get overwhelmed easy and I don't really have any good mods since I'm only mastery 5 but I hope I can still be helped 

3 minutes ago, MicrosoftAnarchy said:

Alright, I just need to up my mod capacity and farm for credits do I can Max my Serration and stuff 

Heh, don't get too attached to maxing Serration quickly - just rank it up as you can, since higher levels for it get expensive.

Make sure you work on clearing Mercury, Venus, and Earth for now - doing so should give you a bunch of mods and blueprints, quests, and another frame or two.

If you don't already have Rhino from the boss on Venus, I'd suggest getting his parts - Rhino is a pretty good frame to use for early to mid-game.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

i have a question, does forma increase damage?

Not directly.  Forma lets you change the polarity of one mod slot, which can allow you to put more, higher-ranking mods on the weapon/warframe/companion.

I'm always late to the party 😛 

One of the most confusing things about Warframe when you first start is that there are several independent systems that don't really convey anything useful on their own but are very important when they are combined together. 

1. Gear level: Which ranges from 1-30 and while it would seem like it should tell you what level of enemy you are good to go against, it really doesn't. The only thing it really conveys are you available mod point pool. Which leads to the second system
  2. Mods: These will allow you to modify your weapon to allow you to take on more powerful enemies and handle more diverse situations but on their own they aren't all that great. Which takes us to the third system. 
  3. Endo: Which is an extention of the mod system and will let you level your mods up to get the most out of them. 

There is also Forma, which allow you to polarize a mod slot which will cut the cost of a correctly matched Mod roughly in half, if the mod would have ended on a fraction it usually rounds up to the nearest whole number. 

That is probably the most confusing part of Warframe but one you get a handle on it everything gets a lot easier. 

3 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

Heh, don't get too attached to maxing Serration quickly - just rank it up as you can, since higher levels for it get expensive.

Make sure you work on clearing Mercury, Venus, and Earth for now - doing so should give you a bunch of mods and blueprints, quests, and another frame or two.

If you don't already have Rhino from the boss on Venus, I'd suggest getting his parts - Rhino is a pretty good frame to use for early to mid-game.

I have Rhino and I'm already at Saturn

Just now, MicrosoftAnarchy said:

I have Rhino and I'm already at Saturn

Perfect - you're doing well.  Keep unlocking junctions, look up mods (and other things) on the wiki if you have to, and ask here if you have questions.

Btw, the Grineer unit Scorpion has a chance of dropping Split Chamber.

I'd offer to just give you some mods, but unfortunately I'm at work, and will be for several more hours.

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I'm always late to the party 😛 

One of the most confusing things about Warframe when you first start is that there are several independent systems that don't really convey anything useful on their own but are very important when they are combined together. 

1. Gear level: Which ranges from 1-30 and while it would seem like it should tell you what level of enemy you are good to go against, it really doesn't. The only thing it really conveys are you available mod point pool. Which leads to the second system
  2. Mods: These will allow you to modify your weapon to allow you to take on more powerful enemies and handle more diverse situations but on their own they aren't all that great. Which takes us to the third system. 
  3. Endo: Which is an extention of the mod system and will let you level your mods up to get the most out of them. 

There is also Forma, which allow you to polarize a mod slot which will cut the cost of a correctly matched Mod roughly in half, if the mod would have ended on a fraction it usually rounds up to the nearest whole number. 

That is probably the most confusing part of Warframe but one you get a handle on it everything gets a lot easier. 

I understand all that, my real problem lies in getting better weapons and frames while also getting the right mods and upgrading them 

1 minute ago, rhoenix said:

Perfect - you're doing well.  Keep unlocking junctions, look up mods (and other things) on the wiki if you have to, and ask here if you have questions.

Btw, the Grineer unit Scorpion has a chance of dropping Split Chamber.

I'd offer to just give you some mods, but unfortunately I'm at work, and will be for several more hours.

That's alright, whenever you're done if you wouldn't mind sending me a friend request. I feel like this is a lot easier than it feels but I really appreciate your help 

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

If you're using Serration you'd probably be looking for http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Split_Chamber as far s Multishot goes. The wiki lists the drop locations off to the right. The best chance seems to be the Grustag Three but they are pretty unreliable as they are a random spawn and only if you're marked by them. 

I am definitely looking for that mod but I really don't know how or where to find the guys that drop it 

I am definitely looking for that mod but I really don't know how or where to find the guys that drop it 

If you mean the Grustrag 3, they start tracking you when you do a bunch of invasion missions while supporting the corpus side. Once tracked they will randomly crash one of your missions. Kinda like stalker. Be warned though they are tough as nails compared to standard grineer.

That's alright, whenever you're done if you wouldn't mind sending me a friend request. I feel like this is a lot easier than it feels but I really appreciate your help 

In fairness, RNG likes to toy with us petty mortals - it's not just you, I can assure you of that.

I tend to play very late, but sure - will do when I get home. 

P.S. Split Chamber drops from Grineer Scorpion units.

2 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

In fairness, RNG likes to toy with us petty mortals - it's not just you, I can assure you of that.

I tend to play very late, but sure - will do when I get home. 

P.S. Split Chamber drops from Grineer Scorpion units.

I'll keep that in mind but I have no idea where to find those units, I don't remember seeing them before 

3 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

If you mean the Grustrag 3, they start tracking you when you do a bunch of invasion missions while supporting the corpus side. Once tracked they will randomly crash one of your missions. Kinda like stalker. Be warned though they are tough as nails compared to standard grineer.

Oh then I have to keep watch, I did a few corpus invasions earlier. I'll go as my Frost just in case they show

Here's a few tips I have:

1. Fully max out your mod capacity. Install an Orokin Catalyst and you'll have 60 mod capacity.

2. Rank up your mods as much as you can. These mod will include the following.

3. Always have serration. Point strike and vital sense will be really good to have. Corrosive for grineer is also necessary to do a lot of damage. Have all of these maxed out and you'll be able to kill 50+ enemies with Paris Prime.

4. Get a new weapon. Paris Prime is really good for enemies below level 30. The weapon itself is intended for newer players. Get a new weapon, most weapons in the game can do more damage than Paris Prime. I highly recommend getting Dread if you like bows. With a maxed Point Strike, you'll be hitting orange crits sometimes. I'm a MR 14 and I still enjoy running Dread sometimes despite owning weapons such as the Atterax+Maiming Strike and Arca Plasmor. Seriously, I highly recommend Dread. 

1 minute ago, MicrosoftAnarchy said:

I'll keep that in mind but I have no idea where to find those units, I don't remember seeing them before 

Appolodorus (the survival mission) on Mercury has them showing up after the 20 minute mark, IIRC.  Saturn is another good place to find them, as it's a Grineer world.

Scorpions are those black-clad Grineer women who try to spear you.

Oh then I have to keep watch, I did a few corpus invasions earlier. I'll go as my Frost just in case they show

On the side, if you go to your profile in game, you can see which assassins are currently tracking you. If they aren't mentioned, they aren't tracking. In addition you'll get a pleasant email from Vay hek letting you know he's sending the 3 to visit ya.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)XenoSmiter said:

Here's a few tips I have:

1. Fully max out your mod capacity. Install an Orokin Catalyst and you'll have 60 mod capacity.

2. Rank up your mods as much as you can. These mod will include the following.

3. Always have serration. Point strike and vital sense will be really good to have. Corrosive for grineer is also necessary to do a lot of damage. Have all of these maxed out and you'll be able to kill 50+ enemies with Paris Prime.

4. Get a new weapon. Paris Prime is really good for enemies below level 30. The weapon itself is intended for newer players. Get a new weapon, most weapons in the game can do more damage than Paris Prime. I highly recommend getting Dread if you like bows. With a maxed Point Strike, you'll be hitting orange crits sometimes. I'm a MR 14 and I still enjoy running Dread sometimes despite owning weapons such as the Atterax+Maiming Strike and Arca Plasmor. Seriously, I highly recommend Dread. 

I would use Dread but the Stalker has NEVER came after me before. I have a shotgun I was looking at and maybe a Drakoon if I wanted so I'll keep that in mind

1 minute ago, rhoenix said:

Appolodorus (the survival mission) on Mercury has them showing up after the 20 minute mark, IIRC.  Saturn is another good place to find them, as it's a Grineer world.

Scorpions are those black-clad Grineer women who try to spear you.

Oooh, those. I guess I never payed attention to the name 

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

On the side, if you go to your profile in game, you can see which assassins are currently tracking you. If they aren't mentioned, they aren't tracking. In addition you'll get a pleasant email from Vay hek letting you know he's sending the 3 to visit ya.

I've got emails from the stalker but that's pretty much it. Thanks