Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce grind for early amps? [Sacrifice spoilers]

Altitis

There's a bit of a grinding cliff between finishing War Within and getting an amp other than mote. Getting any real survivability in operator is also a grind for focus, though at least THAT is more of a curve than a cliff.

Sacrifice feels tuned for people who've made good progress in upgrading operator, but there's nothing going in to indicate that (after all, there's no prior story missions where operator mode is mandatory and also upgradable). So having the first one throw you into the deep end seems a bit ill thought out.

Basically, I think this quest just brings the poor documentation and somewhat steep startup for operator mode into the spotlight by demanding it so much.

agreed; I'd suggest maybe not requiring "raid" content for the basic blueprints for the easiest weapon to get for the operator, and then after that to not have a huge grindwall to get it, and then after that maybe having a shorter craft time

Agreed. I play Warframe for a week or two, then I stop for a bit, then I come back. I understand that if I were playing the game more I'd have a stronger amp, but it felt poor when I played the quest. Seeing my operator respawn 8 times trying to remove the shields from Umbra felt bad and I'd honestly rather have them put some requirement on the amp and say it ahead of time for people to grind. There's quest prerequisites because the quest wouldn't make much sense if you didn't do the story leading up to it, yet there's no prerequisite for the amp power but it hits like a noodle if you didn't engage in the plains content. 

Having a stronger amp didn't really help tbh. I have a great one with an arcane and everything, and all operator passives. I still got stunlocked, and killed by just how much he attacked in a short space of time, since you get staggered easily as an operator for some reason. It took me a whole lot of void dashing and dieing to get things done more than the damage i could actually put out. 

3 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Having a stronger amp didn't really help tbh. I have a great one with an arcane and everything, and all operator passives. I still got stunlocked, and killed by just how much he attacked in a short space of time, since you get staggered easily as an operator for some reason. It took me a whole lot of void dashing and dieing to get things done more than the damage i could actually put out. 

He staggers Warframes too. I think he's got the same coding as Stalker Classic with Hate, just with Absorb swapped out for all of Excalibur's powers

And yeah, the entire boss fight is completely freaking borked no matter how powerful your Z-kid is

19 hours ago, Altitis said:

There's a bit of a grinding cliff between finishing War Within and getting an amp other than mote. Getting any real survivability in operator is also a grind for focus, though at least THAT is more of a curve than a cliff.

Sacrifice feels tuned for people who've made good progress in upgrading operator, but there's nothing going in to indicate that (after all, there's no prior story missions where operator mode is mandatory and also upgradable). So having the first one throw you into the deep end seems a bit ill thought out.

Basically, I think this quest just brings the poor documentation and somewhat steep startup for operator mode into the spotlight by demanding it so much.

Fortunately none of that is actually necessary to get through the Sacrifice quest.  I agree about the poor documentation, but I'm loath to ask for the Operator grind to be made easier because that would encourage DE to make  content that requires it, which I would then be locked out of.  I have no interest in more powerful amps or Operator armor (regardless of how easy that grind might be). 

If DE really wants to have Operator-focused content, at least they could make it something that suits the Operator's strengths, like void manipulation and stealth, rather than straight-up combat.  I have dozens of purpose-built Warframes for combat already, why would I ever want to use my Operator in combat instead?

No story content should require one and only one way to progress through it. Especially not the most moronic addition to Waframe in its entire history, the operators. Until now, thankfully, we could pretty much ignore them completely (which I've been doing ever since they were forced on me after the Second Dream) and do missions with whatever approach suits us best, stealth, steady tanky play or pure dps mayhem.

But it seems DE is hell-bent on forcing this ridiculous operator crap down our throats no matter what. Even Microsoft stopped pushing their Zune after a short while, perhaps DE should take inspiration from how MS cut that failed experiment...

I'm seriously pissed off at this whole Sacrifice rubbish.

Or just let as progress our operator naturally rather than forcing us to jump through hoops for it. I don't want to have to use a specific max level frame and weapon set because of the lens requirement. I don't want to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the night cycle. I don't want to do the same group boss fight over and over again. I don't want spend my time fishing (which was fun at first but not something I want to have to do to) and mining (which was never fun).

You can get through sacrifice anyway even at base with the operator because it doesn't matter if you die but that's a problem in and of itself. 

Edited by SeriouslySinister