Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Controller transference annoyance

pentagonofpeople

Transfering back to your frame from operater when using a controller (or at least with my xbone controller) will make the game think you're still holding down RB, and will try to use your abilities when you press any of the corresponding buttons or re-transfer when you try to roll, even when RB is no longer pressed. Pressing and releasing RB again once you're back in your frame fixes this (until the next time you transfer back out), but it's still annoying. This is something that's been a thing for a long time, but I'm just now getting around to reporting it because of all the switching back and forth in the new update. It doesn't happen all the time, and seems to be a random thing of happening every time in this mission but never in that one, even if it's a different instance of the same mission

Edited by pentagonofpeople

• 1 month later...

I get this same, exact issue on Xbox One. Please fix DE, it’s been in the game for nearly a year, ruins the flow and inadvertently causes us to use abilities and waste energy points.

To to put it simply it’s fairly reproducible if you do this constantly:

Warframe Mode > Operator Mode > Crouch > Energizing Dash > Warframe Mode > Press a face button (A B X or Y) = Ability gets activated without having to hold RB down

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same exact problem. It has pretty much become a habit to use transference as soon as the mission starts so I make sure it doesn't happen while I'm actually trying to complete the mission but it is very annoying when I sometimes forget to do that or join the game in the middle of a bunch of enemies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issues on Ps4. When you go back into your warframe either L1 or R1 will be stuck and you'll use an ability if you press X circle square or triangle or roll/bullet jump or stay crouched. Also another big one has been my camera has been locked in one spot and when I move my warframe, it walks around but my camera is stuck in one spot. So I can watch my warframe walk away from me. Super Annoying and it's been happening alot lately 

This is just one reason why the legacy controls on PS4 (and Dualshock 4 as a controller for that matter) were superior in every way... but Xbox had no touchpad so when that version came out they updated the controls to be universal on controllers, meaning they had to support controllers without the touchpad, hence the garbage ya'll are using now...

I still use the legacy controls.  I know touchpad isn't for everybody, but it's vastly superior imo to swipe versus having to hold R1+button.... and because of it my melee is R1, like every other shooter out there... instead of O... the original controls were alot more intuitive and I feel bad for those of you who have basically committed these atrocious ones to memory, and will likely never be able to wean off them...   

I don't face issues like this because I use the originally intended controls of the game.  Xbox controller touchpads when?

Edited by (PS4)lagrue