Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Controller / PC] Issues with Keybinds and Implementation

Sean

Since the controller changes, there's been some bugs, a few of them major, so here's the ones I've seen when using an Xbox One controller.

• Changing keybinds for a controller does not save and will remain Default
    • WORKAROUND: Navigating the keybind menu with a controller will save any changes
  • Missing "Blank" option when assigning commands
    • This was very useful before when using third party software to allow more commands to be used on one button
  • On screens that display "Continue" when in 'The Sacrifice' quest, pressing "A" on a controller exits the menu instead of continuing with the slideshow
  • When using a controller, Ability Names will appear on screen upon use
    • This ignores the flag set by the option within the Interface Settings

Minor spoiler for 'The Sacrifice' below:

Spoiler
  • When being told to use 'Transference' when fighting Umbra, the popup says to use "RB" (aka Void Blast) which is incorrect, it would be "B" (aka Use Ability 5 / Transference Ability)

Edited by Sean

On 2018-06-16 at 5:59 AM, Sean said:

Since the controller changes, there's been some bugs, a few of them major, so here's the ones I've seen when using an Xbox One controller.

• Changing keybinds for a controller does not save and will remain Default
  • Missing "Blank" option when assigning commands
    • This was very useful before when using third party software to allow more commands to be used on one button
  • On screens that display "Continue" when in 'The Sacrifice' quest, pressing "A" on a controller exits the menu instead of continuing with the slideshow 
  • When using a controller, Ability Names will appear on screen upon use 
    • This ignores the flag set by the option within the Interface Settings 

Marking a couple in bold here:

• For keybinds, have you tried manually saving/confirming the changes? (I believe it's Y/Triangle)
  • For Ability Names, this should probably be a setting we should be able to turn on and off at will.
Edited by NightmareT12

33 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Marking a couple in bold here:

• For keybinds, have you tried manually saving/confirming the changes? (I believe it's Y/Triangle)
  • For Ability Names, this should probably be a setting we should be able to turn on and off at will.

Interesting... so was able to have it save the changes when using the controller to set "save", so looks more isolated to pressing "Back" (then Confirming) with a kb/m that doesn't work within that screen. "Y" didn't do anything within that menu, though it was "B" which activated "Back" and then just confirming the next popup. Tried this same thing last build to no success, so must've been tweaked this one.

As for the ability names, there is a setting, but it does not work with a controller.

It would be "Show Ability Banner on Cast" and upon using an ability with a controller, the name will still flash in the middle of the screen, but if I then immediately go press "1" on my kb and activate an ability that way, then no name.

Edited by Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...