Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Auxiliary Garments?

OricSharp

The Excalibur Umbra frame has something unique, that I wish could be on other frames - and it isn't the Radial Howl or the additional passive.

It's that stupid loincloth.

The groin is a difficult area to design, and it really shows - many frames have an awkward crotch protrusion, or the groin is just odd-looking, and it's really just off-putting. While it's not something that really interferes with gameplay, sometimes it just looks bad, and makes customization annoying. What's the deal with Inaros's junk-handle? Is he meant to be towed? Why does Nidus have a very suspicious-looking spike on his pubis? Just how happy is he to see the enemy?

I only use the Volt Proto skin, for example, because it does away with Volt's grundle fin, and that's the entire reason I use the Palatine skin on Rhino, as well; they have bizarre-looking groin protrusions that, leaving aside any potential sexual imagery, just look bad. Like, just look like a glaring mistake in the modeling process kind of bad.

Now, rather than suggest that there be a rebalancing of frame groins to nerf the wonkiness involved, I'm going to suggest that there be a Covering option in the Attachments menu, for the purposes of objects like EU's clothlike bits, and including items like a loincloth for frames with wonky junks, headwraps for when the helmets just don't jive, etcetera - basically, optional clothing for your bizarre meatsuits. How this would affect/interact with existing Covering-type portions of Warframes, I have no idea. Maybe some parts could be moved to it.

I want people to understand something here: That scarf thing is all tied together with the chest and back additions as well. It's rigged like Chroma's pelt is to the body and has the hanging bits added with physics.

I doubt very much that they will allow people to unequip it the same way we can't unequip any other default cloth thing for any other Warframe.

Edited by NightmareT12