Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Color Pack?

Dallas

Question

18 answers to this question

The classic saturated one is nice.

I use the infested one for energy/amusing weapon colours.

Hot pink looks glorious on the Sobek.

What a great question -_-

Right, and I suppose your answer was any better?

Edited by Nugget_

Grineer in my opinion. Large variety, and lots of grey tones for making things look even.

Smoke has the only true black, so if that goes on sale or you get a big plat discount I recommend that.

I did not like classic saturated. The colors make the frames look like painted cars to me. I use the blues on frost because he has a very matt finish, but nothing else.

I do not recommend STORM unless you love red. The black looking tiles in STORM look blueish in game and I do not like the browns. They don't come out nearly as dark as they look. The reddish browns however show up like true red on the 'energy' color slots for weapons and frames. All the other reds look pinkish or purplish to me, and only that line in storm looks like a good true red. I do not have the Valentines pack though, not sure about those.

(Can you tell I played City of Heroes?)

Personally, I would say the 'best' color pack is Smoke. You will use pure black and/or pure white in almost every color scheme.

Outside of that, it's personal preference. Infested has some nice greens/pinks/blues/purples. Ice has some nice darker blues, Fire if you want red would be all you need. Personally, I own all of the packs except Grineer, and I use Smoke the most, with one color from another pack. I don't use classic or classic saturated at all. I wouldn't buy those. They offer variety, sure, but if you narrow it down to a select color or two, there's a better pack for that specific color.