Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Elevators

TheCasual

I was playing through some corpus areas today to full complete a few systems and I ran into one area that bothered me. I hit an elevator, waited, got on, and went up on it. When I reached the top I was greeted by a second elevator! This one took me right back down and it got me thinking. The mobility and free running mechanics of this game are great for getting around maps, why stop that? Elevators are boring, not interactive, and slow the game pace down. The broken elevator shaft on Xini shows that we could just wall run instead, or use something like the water jets in the void maps, so why don't we just go with something like that?

Your case is a exception. The tileset generator may produce a level with several elevators in it but its not the standard. I agree that it slows down the game pace. But on the other hand its a piece of level where the group is more likely to gather up which courages teamplay. Well, if you dont have a rusher in your team who closes the elevator door right before your nose. :D

Edited by corpseshock

I love those elevators that take 3 minutes to get to you then 3 minutes to bring you back up.... They're great... (Can you see the sarcasm yet?) Agreed though Elevators really do just mess with the pace of the game, surprised they haven't added tacky Elevator Music to go with the "Hey we're gonna make you go from Warzone to Borezone in 3 seconds flat!" Makes no sense.

I don't really get this either.  Maybe elevators are supposed to slow rushers down and give you a chance to catch up to them, but there are plenty of other far better ways of doing this.  Such as making it actually necessary to kill enemies instead of letting you run past all of them...

Your case is a exception. The tileset generator may produce a level with several elevators in it but its not the standard.

Yeah, I have done a lot of missions that generated elevators normally, I just used this as an example because it was an extreme version of the problem I noticed.

I love those elevators that take 3 minutes to get to you then 3 minutes to bring you back up.... They're great... (Can you see the sarcasm yet?) Agreed though Elevators really do just mess with the pace of the game, surprised they haven't added tacky Elevator Music to go with the "Hey we're gonna make you go from Warzone to Borezone in 3 seconds flat!" Makes no sense.

We just neeed elevator music to solve the problem.

Mass Effect 1's elevators sending "Hi" to both of you. 

Nah, they are random placed tiles. I like them. It really lets you know if your team is going to work as a team or if some jerk is going to run ahead, to possibly die and beg for a rez when he's 1/3's the way through the map ahead of you... <whistles>

There have been times that Elevators have saved my sorry butt when I was doing higher-level stuff than I should have been at the time.

Nothing like running for your life away from a Disruptor/Huge Pack of Moas/A bunch of Grineer Scorpions and seeing an elevator room and thinking "OH THANK GOD".

Whack the control panel as soon as you get there, and pray the elevator isn't too long.

Once you step inside the elevator and slap the panel, you get a few moments of precious safety to take a breath and regen shields.