The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Describe Pyrana Prime for me

Rythiman

Question

I have a strange request. Can someone describe Pyrana Prime's bonus effect to me? I am away on vacation for the next 2 weeks, it's really nice, but the internet here is so slow it takes a minute to load a single picture, let alone a YouTube video describing everything.

I suppose I could wait to find out but...I'm just REALLY curious. 

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Rythiman said:

I have a strange request. Can someone describe Pyrana Prime's bonus effect to me? I am away on vacation for the next 2 weeks, it's really nice, but the internet here is so slow it takes a minute to load a single picture, let alone a YouTube video describing everything.

I suppose I could wait to find out but...I'm just REALLY curious. 

I don't remember what triggers it, but if criteria is met you actually get a SECOND Pyrana Prime for dual firing goodness. 

How does that interact with dual wielding with with glaive? Also, is the second ethereal pyrana ghost like in appearance or just a second gun? Coolness factor is very important in a weapon for me.

Also, double current magazine or max magazine (that is to say, does the second gun summon fully loaded or with the same number of bullets in the currently in the first gun?

Lastly, can you refresh cool down time by killing 3 more enemies again or will it disappear in a certain number of seconds regardless of whether you trigger requirements again?

Edited by Rythiman

Describe it.. Well worse in almost all ways besides crit chance and damage (it looks like) but very good looking

if you compare their stats the prime is worse than the normal pyrana besides the crit stuff. 

Lower damage, lower firerate etc.

Edited by IAmPandaEternal

3 kills within 5 seconds triggers the second Pyrana in your other hand. It will appear as a ghostly version of your normal Pyrana (matching skins too if you have a skin applied) and will be composed entirely of energy colored the same as the energy of your Pyrana. When it summons it instantly adds 12 rounds (a full magazine) to your active ammo count and increases your fire rate. Getting many kills rapidly once the clone is summoned does not seem to extend its duration (it's hard to tell because there's no buff indicator, the gun just appears in a hand you can't see because it's held out in front of you, I need to do some testing) BUT if you're facing down a large enough wave of enemies then likely as the timer runs out you will quickly tag 3 more kills and just get the second gun right back. 

Trust me, in a hallway filled with infested this thing just goes off. None of the other factions can even send waves big enough to feed its hunger.

As far as stats on the weapons are concerned, at a glance it appears to not be an upgrade - sporting lower damage AND fire rate than its non-prime partner. However, it has higher critical chance, higher critical damage, higher status chance, more accuracy, a greater falloff distance, a larger magazine, faster reload time, the fire rate difference actually makes the weapon feel MORE manageable, and the ghost gun makes the damage skyrocket frequently and reliably.

Overall it's a great weapon, takes a bit of Forma to kit out properly but it's well worth it, this thing shreds enemies.

Edited by Lannen
Typo