Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe concept Varmint

TheMandarin

Varmint is a warframe that has the ability to transform himself into different kinds of beast forms, and each form has a specific purpose.

1st ability, parasite: Varmint shrinks himself into a very small parasite, and put himself into the nearest enemy which will act as a host. Varmint will not be able to control the enemy, but when he is inside the enemy he cannot be attacked and he regains hp, energy and shield rapidly. once all his shield, hp and energy are full, he burst out from he enemy and killing it in the process, think about Alien the movie. 

2nd ability, eagle: Varmint transform himself into a eagle like creature and roam the sky. Varmint will not be able to attack in eagle from, but he can mark enemies in a large area which does not consume any energy. all the enemies which are marked will take more damage, and give high crit chance and crit damage to other tenno. Varmint himself will regen energy for every marked enemy killed by other tennos.

3rd ability, puma: Varmint transform himself into a puma like creature, and obtain significant increase in agility, and attack speed. in puma form, Varmint can automatically walks on walls and remain stationary on walls. his wall attack will do significant slash damage to the enemies in a small AOE area, and for every enemy he kills in his puma form, he regains a certain amount of hp. 

4th ability, bull: Varmint transform into a bull like creature and charge enemies to death. in bull form, all affects on Varmint are nulled. e.g. knockdown, poison, fire, ice, slow and etc. but he can still be damage. Varmint also receive large boost to armor and shield in bull form to increase his survivability. In bull form, Varmint primarily does impact damage, and he automatically send enemies flying when they are hit. 

Thanks for reading

I really like the Idea behind a Warframe that specializes in different forms for various methods of attack. Whilst the overall balance on some of these abilities seems a little off I do like the concept behind each of them. 

Ability 1; Parasite: For this first ability, the fact that Varmint can become invulnerable and rapidly gain his shields, energy and health (SEH) before performing an instant kill seems overly strong, especially compared to the other abilities. I can imagine a build where you only put in Efficiency and Strength mods and just run around instant killing things because there is no negative consequences. Maybe the more SEH you gain whilst infecting an enemy, the more damage you do when you burst out of them. Another alternative is that enemies will attack the host and if they are knocked over or killed you get forced out, thus making you want to find stronger targets to infect so you can get more SEH.

Ability 2; Eagle: I highly like this ability and I imagine it would be similar to Titania's flying ability/Archwing flying. The target marking idea is great but  think the player should have to manually mark targets to get the energy back in return for kills. Otherwise you could spec into Range Mods and just mark targets across the map. The other thing is the Increased damage and Crit Chance/Damage. I think only the flat damage or the Critical buffs should apply. But other than that I really like this ability and reckon it would be a great support for any team.

Ability 3; Puma: This one really makes me think of the Zanuka boss which I've wanted to see more of ingame. I have no real critiques for this ability, just a straight speed and damage increase. And I imagine the mods on your Melee weapon would affect the melee attacks in this Form?

Ability 4; Bull: The idea of a rampaging beast that cant be Crowd Controlled is really cool. The damage mitigation works well and the knockback is good. But I think you can make it a little better damage wise by having enemies take more damage the faster you are moving as you hit them. Just adds a level of mastery to the ability where good players can navigate the map to maintain speed and damage.

As I said earlier I really like this concept and with a bit of tweaking to balance it out, it could be really fun to play. The only question I would have is whether running guns would be useful at all because you have two great sources of energy and your two best ways of attacking use the warframe, not your weapons. Anyway, I look forward to future ideas 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-06-20 at 6:39 PM, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

I really like the Idea behind a Warframe that specializes in different forms for various methods of attack. Whilst the overall balance on some of these abilities seems a little off I do like the concept behind each of them. 

Ability 1; Parasite: For this first ability, the fact that Varmint can become invulnerable and rapidly gain his shields, energy and health (SEH) before performing an instant kill seems overly strong, especially compared to the other abilities. I can imagine a build where you only put in Efficiency and Strength mods and just run around instant killing things because there is no negative consequences. Maybe the more SEH you gain whilst infecting an enemy, the more damage you do when you burst out of them. Another alternative is that enemies will attack the host and if they are knocked over or killed you get forced out, thus making you want to find stronger targets to infect so you can get more SEH.

Ability 2; Eagle: I highly like this ability and I imagine it would be similar to Titania's flying ability/Archwing flying. The target marking idea is great but  think the player should have to manually mark targets to get the energy back in return for kills. Otherwise you could spec into Range Mods and just mark targets across the map. The other thing is the Increased damage and Crit Chance/Damage. I think only the flat damage or the Critical buffs should apply. But other than that I really like this ability and reckon it would be a great support for any team.

Ability 3; Puma: This one really makes me think of the Zanuka boss which I've wanted to see more of ingame. I have no real critiques for this ability, just a straight speed and damage increase. And I imagine the mods on your Melee weapon would affect the melee attacks in this Form?

Ability 4; Bull: The idea of a rampaging beast that cant be Crowd Controlled is really cool. The damage mitigation works well and the knockback is good. But I think you can make it a little better damage wise by having enemies take more damage the faster you are moving as you hit them. Just adds a level of mastery to the ability where good players can navigate the map to maintain speed and damage.

As I said earlier I really like this concept and with a bit of tweaking to balance it out, it could be really fun to play. The only question I would have is whether running guns would be useful at all because you have two great sources of energy and your two best ways of attacking use the warframe, not your weapons. Anyway, I look forward to future ideas 🙂

you made some excellent point, i think for his first ability, instead of killing the enemy, Varmint will just do a % damage to the enemy. also, he will regen health and shield but he cannot regen energy to prevent players from spaming this ability non-stop