Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Moving Dojo Rooms.

-MortisThorne-

I've always thought that having to destroy a room and every decoration inside it just to have it in a different location is kind of bummer. My dojo is way too large right now for my tiny clan so I'd like to rearrange it all into one floor with the exception of SEVERAL rooms. However there are some rooms connected to those that are important and I've put countless hours of decorations in them. It's just, our architecture is terrible so I want to help rearrange the rooms into something less maze-like and confusing.

I propose the ability to move rooms to other unconstructed doors. 

It could work like this: Say you have a dead-end door you want to move a room to. when you interact with it, it'll give you options to create a room or move a room, if you choose "move a room" it'll bring up a map of your dojo so you can choose which room to move. If said already existing room has rooms connected to that one, etc. those will be moved with it. Moving a room could be free, or cost a Forma or 2. This way, the hours put into all of the decorations in each room wont be a waste, and it would make customizing a dojo much easier if you misplace a room or decide that a room just isn't where it should be

Please consider this! As someone who is deep into Ikeaframe, I think more time should be put into making it as efficient as possible. Dojos are special. The contribute all option was a huge leap for me and it's improved my desire to remodel my dojo by a significant amount. Moving rooms would just be the massive, juicy cherry on top. 

Edited by -MortisThorne-
I dont even like cherries

Yes. My clan currently has two of every room/lab because the first set of rooms was built when the clan leaders first started 4-5 and didn't know what to expect. I hated how disorganized it was but we didn't want to loose the old architecture style so I ended up building the second set of rooms on a whole nother floor.

Edited by FatBestialSwan

4 hours ago, FatBestialSwan said:

Yes. My clan currently has two of every room/lab because the first set of rooms was built when the clan leaders first started 4-5 and didn't know what to expect. I hated how disorganized it was but we didn't want to loose the old architecture style so I ended up building the second set of rooms on a whole nother floor.

That would drive me nuts lol. Our dojo is very disorganized too, many useless rooms and a whole second floor that just makes it even more confusing. We wouldn't even need a second floor for anything besides energy rooms but there's a whole 3-4 rooms in there I put much time into not realizing I'd regret it later when I decided I'd want them down.

An entrance hall full of perfectly placed incense burners with fire atop them. Leads into a room full of trees and fog I call a forest, which leads into the Oracle I turned into a Council room with 3 seats for the 3 highest ranking clan members with all of our event trophies on a shelf behind the seats. Basically the last 3 images in this photo set. All on the second floor when they could replace many of the useless rooms on the first floor https://imgur.com/a/kI5bYG3

I agree; that would be nice; as instead of having to rebuild a custom parkor room; as example; you could pack it up and move it. I would also add onto it by having a room blueprint type thing; where you can create a custom blueprint that will take longer to build; but would have everything automatically made.

• 3 weeks later...

AGREED.

Timers on rooms/deco/changing paint for the sole purpose of being plat sinks is also dumb.   Get the plat some other way like letting people buy the lab research, or paying for more unique or multiple rooms.  Like more than 1 "+" clan hall. 

I had to build/destroy a couple of time trying to make my Obstacles fit before caving and going an easy route.

----------------------

As painful as tearing down and rebuilding is....  whats so bad about teleporters??  Who wants to walk through hallways or ride elevators when you can just teleport there?? 

I completely agree. However, I have anther idea. Perhaps instead of simply moving rooms, there could be an option to save a room. That way, you could make duplicates. For example, in my dojo, I have a space throne and a space garden in the same observatory room. However, I eventually ran out of capacity, preventing me from further developing my throne or my space garden. It would be nice if I could duplicate the room so I could delete the throne in one copy, and delete the garden in the other copy.

100% support.
I hate going into my dojo because they layout is frankly shameful.
I've got cross connectors where I shouldn't, clan halls attached to clan halls that I no longer need.
And there are gardens everywhere as well as that god aweful loki statue in the round hall thingy. (Honor hall i think it's called?)

this NEEDS to happen, you've seen what we can do with warframes and mods, now let the Tenno show you what we can do with some interior design tools.

considering I'm about to spend 8 hours destroying hallways to move a clan hall I would love this (I also just made a post about it) I just can't believe i have to wait 8 hours to destroy a series of halls to move a single room, this dojo design system is honestly rubbish for the new player who isn't prepared

Edited by SkydiveGG