Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Status Skiajati? Or Best Skiajati build

KiroTheTraveler

Question

Here is my status based Skiajati build

(slightly updated)

unknown.png?width=790&height=445

Discovered Blast damage was ruining my opening to finishers as knockdowns were frequent. 

Spoiler

I feel like the Skiajati has a lot of potential but still trying to figure the right mod set (even though this still demolishes enemies). 

Thoughts and tips? 

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

5 answers to this question

The Skiajati is a really frustrating weapon. It's the only one with umbra polarities (so far), but it's unable to make very good use of them since it's a status weapon and the Sacrificial set focuses on crit. At the same time, you don't want to repolarize that umbra slot, because there's a pretty good chance that at some point in the future there will be one or more Sacrificial mods dedicated to status.

As things stand, your build is probably about as good as it's going to get. My only recommendation would be to swap out Life Strike for Healing Return. You've got so much status, you're better off getting HR's free healing rather than spending energy on channeling for Life Strike. This also lets you stick to using quick melee, instead of having to swap weapons whenever you want to heal.

24 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

The Skiajati is a really frustrating weapon. It's the only one with umbra polarities (so far), but it's unable to make very good use of them since it's a status weapon and the Sacrificial set focuses on crit. At the same time, you don't want to repolarize that umbra slot, because there's a pretty good chance that at some point in the future there will be one or more Sacrificial mods dedicated to status.

As things stand, your build is probably about as good as it's going to get. My only recommendation would be to swap out Life Strike for Healing Return. You've got so much status, you're better off getting HR's free healing rather than spending energy on channeling for Life Strike. This also lets you stick to using quick melee, instead of having to swap weapons whenever you want to heal.

Sacrificial Status coming Soon^TM 

That is a good point about Healing Return only problem is Endo. 

25 minutes ago, affropiaf said:

remove life strike for the finisher damage mod , tranquil cleave stance can open to finisher ...

I knew tranquil cleave can open enemies to finishers but I couldn't get it to work as I wanted, discovered that Blast Damage was the problem so I swapped out a mod for Drifting Contact. 

4 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Here is my status based Skiajati build

(slightly updated)

Discovered Blast damage was ruining my opening to finishers as knockdowns were frequent. 

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like the Skiajati has a lot of potential but still trying to figure the right mod set (even though this still demolishes enemies). 

Thoughts and tips? 

With that speed I wouldn't consider using it for real world melee play. 

Build 1:

Swap Voltaic Strike for Blood Rush and Life Strike for Berserker - you'll be killing much faster and triggering finishers will become easier. Life Strike isn't really as useful as it might seem. With the amount of healing sources in the game you may choose something else (I'm happy withOperator Arcanes). The thing is at a certain breaking point you'll start getting killed if you don't CC enemies first, you'll be killed in a couple of hits or oneshot. So Life Strike becomes not as useful as when you can just heal in the midst of the enemy while hacking at them - you won't be able to afford taking any damage in the midst of the enemy, so you can just as well heal otherwise. 

Build 2:

And if you want some real fun - try this: 2x Sacrificial, CD, Drifting Contant, Blood Rush, Berserker, Primed Fury and Organ Shatter (or Virulent Scourge, haven't really tested it, doesn't matter much) (Ain't worth bothering, maybe only for Corpus, but then again, ain't worth bothering). The trick here is that it's a somewhat weaker build damage-wise but with that amount of speed you might have a hard time NOT doing finishers while just button mashing. But there's also a catch - it works so in Simulacrum but in real missions you aren't going to trigger finishers as often with any build, so don't get too excited. 

I use the second build because it's meant to work with Excalibur's 2nd ability that's why Primed Fury is mandatory for me to speed up finishers and I got the Radiant Finish augment, so at any levels where a strictly melee build can be used on it's gonna have enough damage to kill anything with a moderate combo multiplier. You can also use Primed Fury instead of Berserker for 1st build - slower general melee, but quicker finishers. 

And about Drifting Contact - I can't imagine a melee build without DC or Body Count, unless you're building for quick melee 🙂 

EDIT: forgot, instead of Primed Fury you can use Gladiator Vice, but for Build 1 swapping Berserker for PF is acceptable, but swapping it for GV is too much of a tradeoff.

Here, quick showcase of how the superfast build works with and without CC:

I turned on godmode without CC, cause in the middle of those CHGunners that level it won't be wise to rely on auto-triggering the stance finisher, although it would work most of the time, still in real game you'd be CCing them.

Edited by DarthKadra

I did a bleed build with it, I think Blood Rush + Condition Overload + Drifting Contact + Berserker + Weeping Wounds + Relentless Combination. The combo counter ramps up fairly quickly on higher level enemies and the bleed ticks usually kill them after I run away. You could swap in a pair of damage mods for weep/relentless and have a regular blood rush type build too. It's neat for finishers with excal but nothing super special.