Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught - Conflictuos Purposes

Drag778

Hello tennos! First to begin with I'll introduce the situation, then I'll dive deeper into both sides of this problem.

So as we all know Sanctuary is a relatively new game mode created with the major purpose of farming focus, as an endless mission it does provide the amount of focus we need in a very effiecient way wouldn't say it is better than Adaro, Sedna but it definetely is way less repetitive and has better rewards: Radiant relics, Vandals, etc.

But here comes the real trouble, lately our lovely (not going sarcastic) community found a better way to farm exp :Elite Sanctuaries, some Youtube videos started to show off and help spreading the "Tip", which wasn't a big deal at first sight, however this lead to a conflict of interests between 2 groups of people: -Focus Farmers/ Non-Premade Squad hunting for high rewards (wave 6 - 8 ) and -Exp Farmers.

Lately, I've been encountering a lot of tennos leaving at wave 2/3/4 of ESO, so I asked other random players if they have been suffering from the same and I got a vast amount of them (something as 4/9-ish tennos). So Focus Farmers do need those extra rounds after the begin to gather a big chunk of focus, so it is for the high reward hunters. Exp farmers, on the other hand do not need nothing more than those early waves to max their items.

After this research I've went to the Region Chat to gather a wider opinion of the community and I got a 50% for both sides, after this it is clear that it is a controversial topic. Focus Farmers don't have better options to freely (not premaking any sort of squad) farm focus except for casual ESO and A-boring-daro, Exp farmers, other way have a plenty of options to farm efficiently from stealthy exterminates, to simple survivals defenses etc. , exp can be easily gathered anywhere and in anyway while focus has a super slow passive gathering and 45s booster to get an extra portion of your exp converted into focus. An example of a solid argument said by Agent-xg in favor of Exp farmers is : "Why would we change to a less efficient way to farm exp just for courtesy? " which is also valid.

I've discussed this topic a bit in that region chat and we ended up with 0 conclusions of whats the best solution for this. One of those tennos, Perye said :"DE should reduce the amount of regular exp gathered in ESO , and increase Focus gain" - this sounds like a very plausible option for me, the problem is that since focus and exp are theoretically the same, DE would need to reduce normal focus gain there and create a special focus buff for ESO that had increased focus gain to balance it, I know , again that this is a hard topic to discuss, and Im very aware of the hardwork DE has to put into to solve this.

In conclusion I want to know what does the forum community think of of this, opinions , suggestions, and essentially an organized exposition of your arguments, thanks tennos for your time , have a good day/night!

Much Grakata.

PS.: Im defending the focus side of this topic, however the text above isn't reflecting my opinion so that this is not a biased introduction.

Edited by Drag778
(Accidently posted without any content/argument in it :/)

Wave 8 or bust. People leave at such random waves in ESO though it's annoying.

As for it having better drops.. well, that depends. I'd personally rather be getting resources at the same time for my efforts, over a coupla rad relics and the ever so slight chance of a vandal piece.

Onslaught, while it does give a nice ammount of kills per mission (being beneficial for the kills to mission ratio or kills per hour ratio if you care for such things) it does lack certain things, namely effort for the reduction of time and drops

The mission will always last the same amount of time (this is intenional by DE design of the game, other missions share timers to limit the efficiency),  so 1 round will always take 2 minutes and 30 seconds, you also do not get mods, endo, credits and resources, so that leaves focus, exp and rewards

While getting exp is fast, it comes at the cost of more grind in other areas, doing both is recomended for new players and so other mission are always more beneficial on the long term, as an example i can use mutagen samples, better to play survivals or defenses and farm for the research in the clan.

For more advanced players it's a great mission for exp and focus and beyond that there are the rewards and those can be used for platinum, so i understand the concerns, however some players are doing a poor choice by following youtubers (who are relevand but not that great) because they might be hindering their accounts heavily on the long term with onslaught.

How to separate those that only need exp (and only exp) from the ones that want rewards?

The obvious way which DE would be fine with would be to remove exp fom both onslaughts, players can lvl up content in other areas like before (including focus) and would leave rewards as the only goal there pretty much.

37 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Onslaught, while it does give a nice ammount of kills per mission (being beneficial for the kills to mission ratio or kills per hour ratio if you care for such things) it does lack certain things, namely effort for the reduction of time and drops

The mission will always last the same amount of time (this is intenional by DE design of the game, other missions share timers to limit the efficiency),  so 1 round will always take 2 minutes and 30 seconds, you also do not get mods, endo, credits and resources, so that leaves focus, exp and rewards

While getting exp is fast, it comes at the cost of more grind in other areas, doing both is recomended for new players and so other mission are always more beneficial on the long term, as an example i can use mutagen samples, better to play survivals or defenses and farm for the research in the clan.

For more advanced players it's a great mission for exp and focus and beyond that there are the rewards and those can be used for platinum, so i understand the concerns, however some players are doing a poor choice by following youtubers (who are relevand but not that great) because they might be hindering their accounts heavily on the long term with onslaught.

How to separate those that only need exp (and only exp) from the ones that want rewards?

The obvious way which DE would be fine with would be to remove exp fom both onslaughts, players can lvl up content in other areas like before (including focus) and would leave rewards as the only goal there pretty much.

I understand your thought process , and those are pretty good points, the only problem is that exp can be gathered way easier than focus xp with no problem outside sanctuaries, however said focus except for sanctuary, the only reliable and efficient place is Adaro, which DE has stated several times that they dont like that style one bit and they made sanctuaries to cut that off, that's why is bad to just remove exp from there, unless they buff focus gain outside off of it

onslaught is just the new item levelling mission.

once you have khora lato and braton vandal..... what else is there ? 

this is probably why some folks are leaving ESO at zone 2 or 3 

i do it. it only takes me a couple of waves with boosters to max a weapon when forma'd