Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Asian players

tinyranitar

43 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That doesn't make much sense to me. Baro shows up every two weeks. The main attraction is that he'll have everything he's ever offered. People have been busy buying prime junk with platinum for weeks to be able to convert it to ductas. I certainly don't have the 45,880 ducats to buy one of each. Not to mention 28,525,000 credits. Even 10% of that's not going to happen for me right now. 😅

So either I'd have to spend an even larger sum of real world money to get even a fraction of what he has, than whatever the ticket cost. So in my case it would have been a huge paywall even if there was no paywall for the event. I'm not going to be upset about the first one if I wouldn't have been able to get past the second. 

most players who would want to buy the non cosmetic stuff that baro has arent wealthy enough to buy all the of the items, it's more about getting a select few and also about being able to get related items that you'd otherwise have to wait for potentially months just to complete a single item/frame build without spending plat to buy from someone. 

That's actually just the flip side of what I said. All I'd be able to get are a couple of items, that doesn't mean that it's all I'd want to get, eventually. Putting it all in front of me and making me choose would be mighty cruel. 

One way or the other we run into a paywall. Seems like you don't like the first (the ticket) but you're OK with the second (the not being wealthy enough to buy everything you see). To me it's the other way around, since I can't get past the second one any way I take it, accepting the first one (the ticket) is no big deal. 

farming 20$ is nearly as impossible in the game as farming the 45 thousand ducats to get everything baro sells is but you dont really need everything to significantly improve the majority of your gameplay which is why getting access to baro at all is much more important than being able to buy all of his wares. Primed continuity alone can be game changing due to how useful it is on so many frames. Theres also primed flow which is widely useful. The pistol mods alone can get a player through practically the entire starchart with a lex or lex prime. All this costs about a mill credits and 2k ducats which is surely a lot but not impossible. It would take like 8 hours of void farming and less than that for credit farming depending on how many youd make during void farming.