Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Defense Excal Umbra

(PSN)salovel1991

So today I decided to try Umbra in a sortie defense. Something I learned was he prioritizes reviving the target. The problem with that is it leaves him vulnerable and when you need him to cast an ability he's likely going to be out of health before the revive is finished. If I'm invisible in my operator having Umbra revive you is redundant. 

Edit: Needs to be moved to abilities section.  

Edited by (PS4)salovel1991
Wrong topic area.

18 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

I dont think i understand what you are trying to do

Umbra Excalibur has specter AI. Specters rush to the operative to revive him whenever he/she is down, but that means no abilities used by such specters. While it not hurts when using Clem, Excal Umbra not howling or exalting blade hurts survivability.

Edited by RobWasHere

58 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Umbra Excalibur has specter AI. Specters rush to the operative to revive him whenever he/she is down, but that means no abilities used by such specters. While it not hurts when using Clem, Excal Umbra not howling or exalting blade hurts survivability.

So you are saying that every other specter uses powers while reviving the operative?

Or are you saying umbra is special and should cast powers while reviving?

Im pretty sure we cant use powers or shoot or attack while reviving anything either....

7 hours ago, Faulcun said:

So you are saying that every other specter uses powers while reviving the operative?

Or are you saying umbra is special and should cast powers while reviving?

Im pretty sure we cant use powers or shoot or attack while reviving anything either....

I think he's saying Umbra shouldn't revive at all since you're already in operator form which is much safer to revive players/npcs. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)FadedSpirit said:

I think he's saying Umbra shouldn't revive at all since you're already in operator form which is much safer to revive players/npcs. 

But other specters do too..... how is that any different from another specter summoned, stopping what its doing to revive somebody?

And Isnt that part of what makes umbra special? It acts as a specter when switched to your operator. If thats not desirable, we have excalibur/prime options to use instead.

I guess im just having a hard time comprehending what the actual issue is

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

But other specters do too..... how is that any different from another specter summoned, stopping what its doing to revive somebody?

And Isnt that part of what makes umbra special? It acts as a specter when switched to your operator. If thats not desirable, we have excalibur/prime options to use instead.

I guess im just having a hard time comprehending what the actual issue is

I just wrote the specific issue the guy was having since you seemed to not get it. OP just doesn't want Umbra to revive others since it makes Umbra vulnerable and the operator is more variable if safely reviving someone.

As for my opinion on it I find the special party of Umbra being that he can act on his own, not just that he can revive people. Honestly I kind of agree with OP and think he probably shouldn't revive people at the cost of his own HP. His AI doesn't really have the intelligence to do cost benefit analyst on reviving someone so its probably easier to just code him not to rather then try to code him to revive only when its safe. Or maybe DE could let us select what kind of actions we want him to take, sort of like Venari. He could have an attack mode where he prioritizes offense, a defense mode where he prioritizes sticking close to the operator and protecting them, or a protect mode the acts like defense mode but if someone goes down he prioritizes reviving them.