Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard Excavates need to go.

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

Radiation Hazard and Excavate should never come up hand in hand.  It's idiotic.  The Radiation spawns on the drills instantly killing them.  It doesn't matter how you try to defend them, it's 100% impossible to defend them.  Every drill dies after 0-20 cryotic because a radiation cloud randomly spawns on it. You have no way to predict cloud spawns, nor anyway to mitigate how they damage the drills.  The missions are doable - but it would be more enjoyable to drag my balls through glass sand.   

It's mindblowing to me that we've had sorties for nearly 3 years and yet this still continues.   It's not hard.  It's not fun.  It's cheap gimmicky bullS#&$ and nothing else.   It's one of the worst experiences one could have in this game and quite and quite frankly this combination has no business existing.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Radiation Hazard alone is a mess. The cloud locations seem to have manually-placed locations on the map, which means many tiles (and even some tilesets) have none at all. On top of that, the clouds aren't even that much of a challenge normally, as they essentially disable any enemies caught in them. Add the problem of them damaging objectives with no way to mitigate it, and it's clear that Radiation Hazard just needs to get lost. If it was just "radiation damage can occur from any physical damage" and the chance was higher that would be fine, but the clouds are pointless. And I believe the same radiation effect could come from "elemental damage" modifiers for Radiation as well.

Just checked it and the radiation clouds dont seem to damage the excavation machines directly. Also Limbo's Cataclysm seems to negate the effects of radiation clouds on players, so u could just use him if the radiation is to much for you.