Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Exchange - Supplying Cetus with Goods

Kyenhael

I assume this must have been suggested at this point, but if not, here it goes:

It's not a secret that many people are unhappy about the way PoE was introduced when it comes to the grinding of new resources and the way those resources are acquired. Many don't like the mining or fishing. Many have tons of other resources piled up which DE has been trying to suck out of us in different ways. So why not use these two issues to solve each other? I propose we become the supplier of interplanetary resources to Cetus. The idea is simple: we collect resources all over the solar system as we always have, then bring to an npc in Cetus who will trade out neural sensors, orokin cells, etc, for Cetus ore, gems, and fish.

The ratio could be something a bit unfair and I think many people would still rather do that then have to go into the plains and manually gather those resources. I know I as a veteran, would use this feature a lot since I have tons of resources accumulated. This could also be implemented in Venus when it comes out. As I said, it would solve two issues with one system. It would make the plains feel a little more integrated into the older game systems while offering a realistic/lore friendly system.

Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Avalean said:

Many don't like the mining or fishing. 

I completely understand mining but are there really people who dislike fishing??

Also with the frequency of early lunches Konzu has I'm guessing the people of Cetus could use all the help they can get, so a trading post for resources would be nice.

20 minutes ago, Avalean said:

Thoughts?

Great suggestion. I am on board.

Unfortunatelly, it won't happen. There are already datamined placeholder names for new fish/gems etc. The economic system in Warframe is in terrible state with not enough meaningfull resource sinks and borked resource acquisition. Plains of Venus will have an entirely new eccosystem separated from the rest of the game. Furthermore this strategy introduces a whole new grind circle and artificially prolongs game time. It is an old and lazy move to re-introduce new currencies instead of fixing the whoel economy.

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

7 hours ago, Avalean said:

I know I as a veteran, would use this feature a lot since I have tons of resources accumulated

This is why this doesn't exist. Why would they want vets to blow through new content even faster?

7 hours ago, Avalean said:

The ratio could be something a bit unfair

It would be very unfair. To the point you would have to seriously consider why you would do it.

They introduce new resources to invalidate the mountains of old resources people have built up, they aren't going to give those same people a shortcut to everything the new content offers without a heavy cost.

On 2018-07-11 at 2:30 AM, peterc3 said:

This is why this doesn't exist. Why would they want vets to blow through new content even faster?

It would be very unfair. To the point you would have to seriously consider why you would do it.

They introduce new resources to invalidate the mountains of old resources people have built up, they aren't going to give those same people a shortcut to everything the new content offers without a heavy cost.

Well they want to make us use the stockpiles of resources we have, that would be one way to do it. It's not like it would be an endless benefit for veterans. We use our resources for a while and then we run out and have to grind like everyone else. Then it simply becomes a choice of where one would like to grind for resources. If one wants to grind the resources directly from the plains or Venus, go ahead. If they want to grind elsewhere and trade for the local resources, they would have the option.

Different people prefer different mission types. This would give them choice. The current system promoted burnouts since you have no choice but to run around looking for ore spawns or sitting by a pond fishing, which is completely separate from what most people want to do in Warframe.

They could implement it in a way where resources are separated by and can only be traded for resources of the same rarity tier. 

The fact that they use new resources to invalidate the mountains of old resources was, from what I have seen, not received well by the community. It a) makes the new areas feel disconnected from the rest of the game, and b) promotes burnout by making people have to farm nothing but the same areas/missions over and over.