Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would welcome more powerful enemies (lore wise)

*Disclaimer - This is not a "this game is too easy" thread.  This has nothing to do with gameplay*

beating up cloned grineer who's legs are falling doesn't feel that cool, even if they are coming at you in the thousands (which IS cool).  Same goes for knocking around a bunch of space Janitors with goofy helmets and laser guns (corpus).  I will say that the special units like the grineer manics, Gustrag 3, etc and corpus robots like zanuka/Lynx/hyena pack are pretty fun...

That being said, I think it would be cool to face enemies that are super powered like us.  Even though when the Stalker shows up we all laugh and I begin to spam 1 with Atlas, I still enjoy it because I am fighting a being with supernatural/celestial/whatever powers just like i have.  I feel like the star chart bosses should lore wise be monstrous power houses, but the only ones that feel strong and threatening is Vay Hek in his Birdybot.  There are enemies like the Razorback and Eidolons who I like just because of their sheer size (looking forward to big spider biatch), but they don't quite cut it for me.  Maybe I will get my wish with the incoming Sentient horde.

TL;DR - I have a minor gripe about this game not having any supernaturally powerful enemies (besides stalker and acolytes) that can match the awe and power of us Tenno (lore wise). 

Perhaps someone can prove me wrong and change my perspective on the strengths (besides numbers) of our enemies!

Edited by (PS4)supersocc11

Well, this game is designed for the player to fight lots of enemies and kill them quickly, that's like the point of the game. As you mentioned, there are enemies that are tougher, but can you imagine this game is that is all we had? dozens of Nox, Bombard, Napalm, Grustrag spawning as the only enemies?

Considering that among the many enemies we have fought, in the lore, the Grustag 3 are supposed to be among the scariest cloned Grineer you might want to beat up. They are among the few foes that Lotus outright encourages the Tenno to run from. Eidolons are of course powerful, and the Razorback isn't even normally harm-able from anything Tenno have at their disposal currently - but are conveniently in a facility with experimental bursa that can. We are supposed to be super soldiers powered by energy from another dimension and using bio-mechanical surrogates with pretty ideal physical traits and their own mutation abilities - Stalker uses the same warframes - and mind, those guys are way more durable than us in the same situations than us super soldiers.

All the more reason Corrupted Vor needs some love! He's just sitting there waiting for his cue to make his big speech, get wrecked and then go back in his Void closet. (Would love a couple quest dedicated to him and the Void). Escalation is a great idea and would definitely fit in this universe. There's clearly an arms race between the Corpus and Grineer. There's evidence to bolster more evolved enemies:

*We've seen that both the Grineer and the Corpus have been unearthing and experimenting with Orokin (Vor's Seer pistol) and Sentient tech (Natah & Valkyr Prime trailer).

*Both Vey Hek (through Dr. Tengus) and Regor developed their own new breeds of Grineer (Ghouls and Manics respectively).

*With Alad V's help the Infestation evolved a step, now able to infect machines (Mutalist Moas and Ospreys).

It would add a sense of growth as you move on to higher level planets and missions to encounter stronger enemies who now have alternate gimmicks or upgraded gear/abilities. Of course, this being Warframe, they'll just be new cannon fodder and get mowed down all the same but the scale of the world and the shape of events would be somewhat present as we progress.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

All the more reason Corrupted Vor needs some love! He's just sitting there waiting for his cue to make his big speech, get wrecked and then go back in his Void closet. (Would love a couple quest dedicated to him and the Void). Escalation is a great idea and would definitely fit in this universe. There's clearly an arms race between the Corpus and Grineer. There's evidence to bolster more evolved enemies:

I think we got way to much lore from grineer and not that much from corpus. Its corpus turn to get a lot more lore added.

Just now, megastorm said:

I think we got way to much lore from grineer and not that much from corpus. Its corpus turn to get a lot more lore added.

I agree wholeheartedly. Though Corrupted Vor is overdue also (he just comes back and there's nothing said or done about it). Hopefully they'll do some actual stuff with the Void and the Corrupted down the road. I just had an idea for that while typing that! His presence in the Void is what's causing the fissures - an instability that is afflicting the origin system.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Though Corrupted Vor is overdue also (he just comes back and there's nothing said or done about it). Hopefully they'll do some actual stuff with the Void and the Corrupted down the road. I just had an idea for that while typing that! His presence in the Void is what's causing the fissures - an instability that is afflicting the origin system.

Respect. I hear you.

23 hours ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

That is actually very similar to what DE Steve originally said was coming up to explain the Specters of the Rail update! It was supposed to have an event or quest featuring Vor starting the Void storms that would force us to fall back on the rail junctions for transport and cause fissures to open. From what I recall that was dropped though. Wouldn't be bad to know what Vor is up to lately and on what side he is serving really at this point.

On 2018-07-13 at 12:04 AM, Urlan said:

That is actually very similar to what DE Steve originally said was coming up to explain the Specters of the Rail update! It was supposed to have an event or quest featuring Vor starting the Void storms that would force us to fall back on the rail junctions for transport and cause fissures to open. From what I recall that was dropped though. Wouldn't be bad to know what Vor is up to lately and on what side he is serving really at this point.

That I didn't know. Nice. Now if only they did revisit that concept. The Void is well...void.

On 2018-07-13 at 1:06 AM, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

I'm sure Venus will add to the Corpus enemies just like Plains did with Ghouls.

And, much more exciting imo, the New War will have to have more Sentient enemies. 

Yes! I am eager to see what other Sentients we'll be facing. The Mimics were a nice little sample.

Edited by (PS4)VanTX89