Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Treasure Room Is Rediculous

Envsan

The void treasure room that involves falling down a tube of lasers, then being launched upwards by what I can only describe as "magic glowing sparkle dust" is just terrible.

I loathe this treasure room, as I've never even gotten close to getting through the timed door.

Now, I'm fine with treasure rooms punishing me for sucking, or taking too long. But I just watched the door close in front of my face, not because I failed to move fast enough, but because the magic glowing sparkle dust stuck me to the ceiling like a wad of soapy toilet paper.

That's right, I made it through the laser hell-hole just fine, and I gracefully entered into the magic glowing sparkle dust fountain of doom like a champion. But instead of falling to the ground and being able to sprint to the actual treasure room to get my sweet, sweet reward, I was stuck in a falling animation for an insane amount of time, bumping my head against the ceiling like I'd just stolen goddamn fizzy lifting drinks.

The end result?

tumblr_mrn35mAt7t1segtdpo1_400.gif

Thoughts on this treasure room?

Edit: I'll upload a screenshot next time I find this room, and thanks for the tips for not getting stuck, guys. I know this room is doable, I just felt the need to share a frustrating experience when it happened to me.

Edit 2: I just encountered this room while soloing a T2 Raid mission, and using the tips mentioned below (namely walking, not sprinting, into the updraft dust fountain) I was able to just barely make it into the vault proper. So again, thanks for the tips, guys! This just goes to show that while difficult, this room is possible.

(I'd like to note, though, that I was using a maxed rush mod, as well as the dual zorens for mobility, and I still just barely made it.)

The entrance to the treasure room in question: http://i39.tinypic.com/okv995.jpg

Edited by Envsan

It's pretty doable and a tad crazy, but I agree with the wall stuck part, its frustrating when that happens.

I never die to the laser hole and in the anti grav stream the best options seems to enter on the far left or far right so you can avoid landing on one of the frozen surfaces in the main room.

I have this problem, but on the other hand i get it every single time now. when it shoots you out press forward once and land on the regular ground and then just run. pretty simple to do. its hard to do and it requires "great wisdom" c:

i wouldnt sprint into the magic tube either (makes you get stuck)

Edited by AlienTetris

stupid question, but where is this treasure room?

Treasure rooms in the void are usually "off the beaten path," meaning they're dead-ends on paths leading away from the objective/extraction. I usually find them when soloing by completing the objective, then exploring areas that don't lead to the extraction point. Usually, off-tangent paths you find in towers end in vaults.