Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Seppuku

Sweetchuck

So, the Tenno are like space ninjas. The Corpus want their tech, the Grineer want to kill them, and I'd bet the Tenno would rather not become infested. I think there would be an incentive for them to self-destruct if the battle was hopeless.

What about a self destruct sequence that would end the mission and reward, say, 50% of rewards? It could have a ten second or so animation so you couldn't just pop it right before you get killed. If you self destruct, you can't use a revive.

Just a thought.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Edited by Sweetchuck

So, the Tenno are like space ninjas. The Corpus want their tech, the Grineer want to kill them, and I'd bet the Tenno would rather not become infested. I think there would be an incentive for them to self-destruct if the battle was hopeless.

What about a self destruct sequence that would end the mission and reward, say, 50% of rewards? It could have a ten second or so animation so you couldn't just pop it right before you get killed. If you self destruct, you can't use a revive.

Just a thought.

Hm.. Instinctively I wanna say its not a good idea, but can you think of example situations in which I'd want to use it ?

I was doing a lvl 40 Grineer mission solo. I brought a low-level melee weapon thinking I could power level it. Collected a couple mods, did the objective, and things were going smooth until I ran out of ammo. All I had left were my powers and a lvl 2 Bo. Then the Grineer assault team showed up, Heavy Gunner and Bombard in tow.

My first revive, I took down a couple before they got me again. My second revive, I managed to get a couple more before running out of ammo and energy. I backtracked the entire level looking for health, ammo, and energy. Totally picked it clean. I knew I was boned, and all that had been for nothing. I went out in a blaze of glory and had to forfeit.

My first thought was griefers abusing it, but there are several things that could mitigate that: remove the player from the match (a la defense missions) and free up the slot, randomize any mods you're rewarded so you don't have people dipping out after getting a nice Rare (a la defense missions), keep track of suicides on the stats page along with failures and quits... Maybe make it something all players have to agree on, but that's a tall order without a voting system already in place.

It's a tall order, but I now know the situation you're talking about, those things are rough !

I noticed that when you solo, the way OUT is always way ramped up in difficulty. Last time I had it I was hiding behind some crates as Napalms were blasting the S#&$ out of everything.

Maybe in that moment I'd have said "F*** it I'll not give them the satisfaction" But then to me the blaze of glory was just as satisfying so whilst I see where you're coming from, I don't think it should be implemented if its something that will be MAYBE a viable option in a pretty rare situation.

+1

As along as our self destruct explosion could kill the enemies in 50m radius, i'm in!

Give cool animation like ripping your own stomach with your melee weapon and then arm the bomb in your stomach.

Also, play some hanz zimmer or hiroyuki sawano pieces when we do the Seppuku! x)