Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My solution to 'Update Failed!, Download data was corrupted'

AfTerShoXX

Found the solution off of the internet, forgot the source. But the solution is simple:

1. Start the launcher
  2. While on the launcher, change the language to any language you want (I prefer Espanol)
  3. Let the game update itself
  4. Log into your Warframe account
  5. Since it's your unknown language, quit the game and start the launcher again
  6. While on the launcher this time, change the language from whatever the language you chose to English

Edited by AfTerShoXX

900 hours of warframe, and this is the first time I've ever felt driven enough to post on the forums (or anywhere really).

But what sort of sorcery is this!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Warframe twice in the past week. Of course that didn't work, (yes I've turned my computer on and off again, multiple times). I've half heartedly tried a few other solutions from reddit and other forum posts with no luck (usually multiple places offering the same or similar solutions). 

So for like every night this past week I've dejectedly turned on my aging gaming PC and booted up the warframe launcher hoping that warframe would surely magically fix itself and launch successfully this time, before the inevitable failure of the dreaded "Update failed" error would show up and I would shut my PC off again to be rebooted when I tried again the next night.

Just tried your solution on a whim, and it works!

Thanks so much for posting this solution! 

Edited by Bishdaddy
trying to be clever and hide naughty words

Just here to +1 this solution. After completely deleting and reinstalling via Steam and launching again, in English, I was hitting this wall until I swapped to Deutsch.

I didn't even have to wait for it to download / start the client / close it / swap back to English. I just let it download for a few seconds, get past the stage it was blocking on, and then swapped back.

Pretty silly, to be honest.

Just tested this , found that I first had to disable 64 bit mode, load into a different language after download was complete, then change to 64 bit mode again, then enter the game, then exit, THEN change to english, then it was fine. Hope this helps.

Edited by BigBlackTarkus

• 3 years later...