Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus needs a proper tutorial and introduction

I've avoided Cetus a lot. In fact I haven't even bothered to start fishing or anything until about a month ago because quite frankly, I don't have any idea on where to even start with Cetus. The only feature that makes sense to me are the bounties, and that's because they are incredibly straight forward. Everything else? Where do I even begin?

I feel like every time I have tried to get started and invest into one aspect of Cetus, it requires me to have started and invested in another. This cycle is on loop and leaves me feeling overwhelmed as all get out because you can't JUST fish, you need to look for tiers of fish, have certain bait, use the right spear, there is so much to be aware of and there is no information provided about it. Same goes for everything else.

So I propose a tutorial quest. The player is guided on a slow and steady tour of Cetus. Starting in the main hub where they learn the locations of the different shops and NPCs of note, learn what they do and why they're important, and then finally talk to Konzo to pick up their first bounty. This bounty would be really easy and along the way the player learns about the plants and such you can grab throughout the map and where they might be found. Then the player heads back and learns about Mining and fishing, they are given a starting spear and mining laser and again, the game guides them to preset harvest spots and fishing spots and they learn about the other features involved with them. The quest would end with the player obtaining a very basic Zaw and a sort of "sneak peak" into the flow of fighting Eidolons, ending with the Eidolon just barely escaping when they show they understand how to fight one. Any sort of outside feature that may apply to Cetus, should be mentioned for importance.

If DE could look into this to any degree I would be very appreciative of it. Thank you.

Edited by Tepplen

a basic tutorial hmm seems a good idea since every newby is forced to do this since it is requierd if you want to get to mars

a big sign like step throught the gate and come back could be helpfull but thats where my problemes comming from hehe

Sounds like a solid idea. Perhaps help the kids or some of the less important folk of Cetus with carrying things and get a scenic tour and explanation as they introduce you to the people of interest?

DE needs to hire on a professional group of outsiders to play their game, list everything that's odd or clunky for starting players, and start building connecting paths and tutorials for the game. Steve himself tried to do this with his personal Stream/Game, but I feel like he's too bias in the system, with WAY too much background knowledge that'll likely obscure his observations. (Mods are second nature for us now, but for a starting player? What is this madness?! Where do I even start with it?!)